Fun Activities For Kids This Summer

Fun Activities For Kids This Summer

The summer holidays are in full swing and everyone is busy having fun and parents are trying to keep the kids entertained. Although we homeschool, we still have downtime over the summer holidays so we are always looking for new fun activities to try. Here are just a few things we have been up to and hopefully give you some ideas for boredom busters too!

Bubbles

You can never go wrong with bubbles can you?! We have been having fun playing with our bubble machine and the boys have spent absolutely ages chasing them around the garden. The jet can cope with even the windiest of days, I should know as the boys have had it outside most days. It runs off 2 x AA batteries which are not included, but if you are like us we always keep a stash of batteries for the kid’s toys.

Colouring In

When I was little I used to love colouring in. Give me a few felt tips and a colouring-in book and I was made up. My boys are the same too. Joben has been enjoying colouring in his fab Personalised A3 colouring book. It’s so lovely and has loads of activities inside from solving puzzles to practising your handwriting.

A Picnic

You can’t have summer without a picnic. We love the Fruitbowl yoghurt flakes and bars they are a really tasty treat, and the Yazoo no added sugar milkshakes are perfect for taking out and about this summer because they don’t have to be refrigerated. The boy’s favourites are the chocolate and banana, mine has to be the strawberry! Forget those bland picnic blankets, they are so last year! Look at our cool Gigantic Donut Blanket! It makes picnics so much fun. I mean, who wouldn’t want to sit on a giant pink donut? We are taking this on every outing we have, it’s epic!

Water Fun

Every summer you can guarantee that the boys will be playing with water in the garden. Our Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water Table has been having loads of use the past few weeks. I love that it is plenty big enough for more than one to play with and it has so many cool accessories. They have fun squirting each other with the cannon and Joben likes to make currents with the spinner. He also likes the little characters that came with it.

Bike Rides

Obviously, this is not so good when in the middle of a heatwave but on cooler days what better way to spend an afternoon than some bike riding fun? Joben has literally done miles around our gardens on his Kiddimoto Skullz Kurve balance bike.

It came in a little carry box so if you have a little one’s birthday coming up then this would make a great gift. It was super easy to assemble and Joben was outside playing on it in no time.

I can rest assured that my little Evel Knievel is safe and sound when he gets on his ride with the protection from his matching Skullz safety helmet.

Cooking

Another activity we have been enjoying is cooking our own meals with the Little Cook Box. These lovely meal kits are a brilliant way to encourage kids to get involved in the kitchen. And if they make it all by themselves they are more likely to eat it all up once it’s cooked! There are so many delicious meals to choose from. Jayden is making the Crackin’ Calzone below.

Each kit is aimed at 5-11 yrs and prepared with fresh ingredients and in the correct portion sizes for growing kids. You can choose from 4, 6, 8 or 9 meal kits to be delivered to your door.

Garden Games

With all of this nice weather recently we have been able to have lots of outdoor play. The swimming pool has come out, we have played board games on the garden table, tennis, football and a game of catch the Wubble Fulla Marbles! This squishy, wobbly, stretchy marble-filled ball is so much fun. Playing catch with this is brilliant as it’s like trying to catch a big lump of slime heading towards you. It makes a great play toy for the paddling pool too. Wubble Fulla Marbles is a new favourite of ours, there is also a Wubble Fulla Slime version which looks equally as cool.

Trampolining

One of our favourite pastimes in the garden is having a bounce off on our 8ft Sportspower trampoline. Although ours is a little too big for the youngest, Jayden spends absolutely ages on it. It keeps him active and provides hours of fun. As you can see he plays on his until the sun goes down most days!

What have you been up to?

Pin me!
Keep the kids entertained with these fun summer activities for kids. #Kidsactivities #kidstoys #productreview

*I was sent these products for review purposes. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest*

Photo source – Kids playing in gardenPatrick Foto/Shutterstock.

1. Kim Carberry July 30, 2018 / 2:00 pm

Great ideas and gorgeous photos!
    My girls still love bubbles even at their ages.
    That Donut Blanket is so cool and the balance bike! I bet there is no stopping Joben now.
    I have seen those Little Cook Boxes online and they look a great way to get kids in the kitchen. #MMBC
    Kim Carberry recently posted…This is what we’re eating this week! #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

2. mummy here and there July 30, 2018 / 6:16 pm

Cracking ideas to keep children entertained, I wish I had the garden as it would be great for my boys to run off all their energy. But we still have a bubble machine and that is a great hit X #mmbc

3. Nicola July 30, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Sometimes it is the simplest things that keep the kids occupied – we haven’t had bubbles out for ages but did them yesterday and the kids were running about chasing them for ages. Think I’m going to have to buy a machine though as I was getting repetitive strain injury from dipping the wand in and out!

4. Jen s morgan July 31, 2018 / 8:52 am

Great ideas to keep the children busy and entertained. Loving the donut blanket its fav

5. HAYLEY TURNER July 31, 2018 / 3:33 pm

Loving the fun ideas for kids some great ideas

6. Becca July 31, 2018 / 4:29 pm

That blanket is awesome!! My two love painting at the moment! Lots of mess!

7. Rebecca Whatmore (@0zzyhog) July 31, 2018 / 4:53 pm

Thanks for the ideas – plenty to keep busy!

8. Cath - BattleMum July 31, 2018 / 5:14 pm

Great ideas for anyone struggling for things to do. We’ve made peg cars and some free play today. But we’re only 2 days into our summer holidays so far!

9. Amy - All about a Mummy July 31, 2018 / 9:11 pm

The donut blanket is super cool! We love the sugar free yazoos too. And you can’t beat a bit of colouring in!

10. Rachel July 31, 2018 / 9:25 pm

I would love a trampoline in my garden but it’s just not big enough. However that Wubble Fulla Marbles ball looks like great fun! My girls have been riding their bikes first thing in the morning before the heat kicks in.

11. Jessica - A Modern Mom's Life July 31, 2018 / 11:04 pm

We do a lot of these things – I wish I had started with a balance bike for my girls. They are still struggling learning to ride bikes. (Partly that’s because we’re not home very often so they can practice!) I have one kid who likes to cook, and one who loves to colour – and I LOVE that doughnut blanket! Thanks for sharing these great ideas. 🙂

~Jess
    #MMBC
    Jessica – A Modern Mom’s Life recently posted…Top 10 Tips to Improve your Sleep RoutineMy Profile

12. Nafisah NK August 1, 2018 / 6:30 am

Aw, these pictures are too cute. I love your ideas for a fun-filled summer. I think we will have a picnic tomorrow 🙂
    Nafisah NK recently posted…Ali- my father, my friendMy Profile

13. Amy Denney August 1, 2018 / 11:04 am

Thanks for the great ideas x

14. sandy August 1, 2018 / 4:31 pm

Some lovely ideas here. My 6yo has mostly been out and about on his bike, or in the house either reading or playing with his lego.

15. Mudpie Fridays August 1, 2018 / 5:33 pm

Wow what a great number of ideas. I particularly like the donut blanket. We don’t go on enough picnics. I hope you have a lovely Summer with the kids x

16. Margaret Gallagher August 1, 2018 / 7:15 pm

Great ideas and best of all they dont cost – we’ll be enjoying all of these

17. ashleigh allan August 1, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Lots of great ideas!

18. Emma August 1, 2018 / 10:39 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! Sometimes you just need a fresh pair of eyes to come up with some ideas. I seem to recycle the same ones over and over! Lol
    Emma recently posted…Have An Amazing SummerMy Profile

19. Carly Belsey August 2, 2018 / 5:11 am

I love your photos!!! I think we did all of these in one day haha. You know what kids are like! We try and get to the beach as much as possible. We are lucky enough to live near one.

20. Lorna Ledger August 6, 2018 / 11:28 am

Great ideas, think we need an endless supply over the holidays 😉

21. Jessica Nightingale August 9, 2018 / 3:38 am

Wonderful ideas for sunny days!

22. Iris Tilley August 9, 2018 / 7:30 am

Great post Were loving the Bubbles too great fun

23. Helena August 11, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Love these ideas for entertaining the little ones #mmbc

24. Malin - Sensational Learning with Penguin August 12, 2018 / 11:40 pm

Loads of great ideas here, thanks Jayne! Bubbles are always great, and cooking/baking is something we do together fairly often. That marble ball looks great btw! For us, the most popular ’toy’ this summer so far has probably been the garden hose 😊 xx