Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

Getting Back To A Healthier Me

Being a Mother is the best feeling in the world. My kids are my absolute world. Having little ones, keeps us on our toes like never before, and these two little munchkins keep me on the go “from son up to son down” (excuse the pun) but it’s so true.

heathy family lifestyle kiddies playing

And although I wouldn’t have it any other way, my general well being has taken a back seat since having my boys. You know the situation, the night time feeds see you picking at things in the fridge, midnight munchies etc. The daytime is a whirlwind of work, cleaning, washing, just the general daily to do lists. Again seeing you grab something quick on the go in between. Don’t get me wrong we’ve always eaten nice hearty healthy meals, but one thing I have always lacked is fruit.

healthy diet

I haven’t eaten half as much of my 5-a-day as I should do. The only time I ate bucket loads of melons was when I was expecting! I do eat these as a snack now but I should be eating a lot more fruit than I have been.

So in a bid to get fit again and make me feel more happy with myself, I am concentrating on the weight loss and being more healthy. I don’t starve myself to drop a few pounds, just simply watching what I eat. I tend to plan out each week using different SW recipes to keep it interesting. This prevents myself from getting bored with the same old dinners, of which I’m sure you can relate.
I have also been using my fitbit and going on a lot more walks. This is great because I can download and track all of my progress on my mac or iPhone and even log my daily food plan and water intake too. So it just gives me that little extra motivation.

And something that I have never really even considered before, is taking vitamins. I think  multi vitamins are just what I need to give my system a boost. At least it gives me piece of mind that I am getting all of the essential vitamins and minerals. I’m currently trying the Multivitality Gold from Healthspan and so far so good. They have a huge range of supplements to suit individual needs. They have professional, friendly staff to ensure you get exactly what you require. So hopefully I will feel the benefits soon, after all, I need all the energy I can get with my pair!

Are you trying to be more healthy? Do you take vitamins? Or maybe considering them?

*This is a collaborative post*

You Might Also Like

Why Blood Donation Is Important To Us

Rare Disease Day – Sarcoidosis Awareness

Me Time And Why I’m Making More Effort

Can Probiotics Help To Alleviate Stress?

Getting In Shape With Shake That Weight

My Cambridge Diet Journey 5 weeks In

The Remedy To A Good Night’s Sleep

Making The Most Of The Year With Lizi’s Granola

A Christmas Spread For Everyone

Interchangeable Glasses With ichoose

We Are Winter Ready With Bassetts Multivitamins

So I Found A Lump – What To Expect From A Breast Screening

1. joanna

July 15, 2016 at 11:31 am

I’m trying to become healthier its definitely more harder when ur a mum. I don’t take vitamins but am definitely considering doing so.

2. Dean of Little Steps

July 15, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I can related to this post. Like you, everything about me has taken a back seat for now. If it were just easy, I’d love to have some sort of fitness routine which doesn’t include walking the dog 😉

3. Newcastle Family Life

July 15, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I am exactly the same , since having my little two I have neglected myself and never snack on healthy foods. I am always tired so live off coffee and biscuits, I probably need some vitamins myself x
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Edinburgh ZooMy Profile

4. Natalia

July 16, 2016 at 7:10 am

Well done! Having a more healthy life style will give you more energies to deal with your lovely family and also to have more time for yourself 🙂 my advice is to look after yourself first so then you will be able to take care of others xx

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:23 am

Aw thank you Natalia, this is so true 🙂 x

5. Kara Guppy

July 16, 2016 at 9:32 am

I don’t take vitamins but really should as I know I don’t eat enough fruit
    Kara Guppy recently posted…#Vloject52 2016 – Week Twenty NineMy Profile

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:24 am

I know what you mean, it’s trying to get in the zone and then sticking to it.

6. Fashion and Style Police

July 16, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I do take my vitamins when I remember to take them. Being a twin mum is hard work.

7. Helena Feofanov

July 16, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Good for you, I consider myself quite healthy and it makes me so happy and comfortable in my own skin!

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:26 am

Yes, I do feel better in myself when I take action and do something about it.
      I think it’s so easy to get stuck in a rut!

8. Anosa

July 16, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I need to start taking vitamins but I am quite bad at remembering. I don’t have kids yet but my health did take a back seat for a while until 2 months ago I joined the gym and still growing strong. I just need to work on my eating and snacking
    Anosa recently posted…Dine the Slovenia way with SkuhnaMy Profile

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:26 am

Well done you, yes my downfall is snacking too!

9. DannyUK.com

July 17, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthier lifestyle. Fingers crossed you’ll feel and see the benefits soon!
    DannyUK.com recently posted…8 things you didn’t know about ChelmsfordMy Profile

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:27 am

Oh thanks Danny, everything crossed lol!

10. clairejustine

July 17, 2016 at 7:28 pm

I need to start taking vitamin and eating more fruit and veg. I’ve put on some weight over the last few months and need to move it!! I still pick at ood all day and my youngest is 11..
    clairejustine recently posted…Scallops In The Shell…My Profile

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:28 am

Oh I know what you mean with the snacking.
      But You look fab!

11. Ana De- Jesus

July 17, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Good luck on your health journey. I want to do something similar myself although not to lose weight just to feel better.
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…A Letter To My Eighteen Year Old SelfMy Profile

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:49 am

Thank you 🙂 And yes I understand what you mean. I need a bit of both.

12. Sarah @theparentingtrials

July 17, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Aww I’m the same hun, barely eat enough fruit or veg these days. I could definitely do with taking a leaf out of your book xx

1. Jayne

July 18, 2016 at 8:50 am

I know, it’s such hard work lol! xx