Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

DIY Halloween Decorations Decoupage Letters

Halloween is just around the corner and we have had the craft box out! We love making Halloween crafts, there are so many cool ideas from garlands, spooky wreaths, potent potions and bubbling cauldrons!  It’s ace. Jayden loves to go and pick a pumpkin and we carve it together. It’s just a fun time for all.

We have been busy making some spooky lettering to pop on the shelf for this Halloween. Fancy having a go?

What you need

Paper mache letters

Decoupage paper

Modge podge

First Jayden chose the colours he thought would match up with the decoupage paper and painted the edges of the letters.

We then stuck our decoupage paper to the paper mache letters. I used a little sponge to get the creases and air bubbles out of the paper and then left to dry. Once dry I cut the excess decoupage paper off with my craft knife.

Once we had finished putting the decoupage paper on, I made a mini witches hat out of black card and stuck that to the letter ‘B’ with a little blu tack. I thought these glittery little spiders would look great for decoration so I popped one of those on too.

Halloween decorations. We have had loads of fun making our spooky paper mache letters.

When we had finished the letters we added some spooky props for our display. We added a monster hand, a pumpkin tealight holder and some huge stick on googly eyes to the wall behind.

To finish off we used our led strips which are already fitted to the back of the shelf. I thought green really set it off!

So that’s one of our Halloween decorations sorted with a little help from Hobbycraft.

Will you be kitting your house out this Halloween?

*We were sent these products for the purpose of this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

You Might Also Like

Valentine’s Day Crafts For You and The Kids To Make

DIY Paper Bonfire Crafts For Kids

PJ Masks Craft – Super Moon Adventure Space Playset

My Autumnal Crocheted Bunting

1. Catherine @ Story Snug

October 2, 2017 at 8:10 am

I love this decoration and it looks great all lit up in green. We don’t decorate for Halloween but making those big chunky letters for Christmas would be fun too :o)

#MMBC
    Catherine @ Story Snug recently posted…Ludwig The Sea Dog by Henning LohleinMy Profile

2. Jon

October 2, 2017 at 8:53 am

Wow! What amazing decorations, these would look great at any Halloween party!

3. mummy here and here

October 2, 2017 at 9:41 am

This is such a fun activity to do for Halloween X #mmbc

4. Anosa

October 2, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I can not believe halloween is around the corner, these decorations are perfect. Such a lovely DIY
    Anosa recently posted…{Fashion Monday} Skinny Ankle Grazers My Profile

5. DJT @ Thinking Thrifty

October 2, 2017 at 6:31 pm

These look like great fun. Much better than buying something ready made!

6. Helen

October 2, 2017 at 6:54 pm

These are so much fun! I love that they are easy to do, toddler friendly and Halloween inspired 🙂
    Helen recently posted…PARENTHOOD: Cheeky Chompers Muslin CollectionMy Profile

7. Joanna

October 2, 2017 at 9:37 pm

What a fun activity I bet the kids loved doing this! hobbycraft really are great for this kind of thing aren’t they?
    Joanna recently posted…Living Arrows 40/52My Profile

8. Charlotte

October 3, 2017 at 8:48 am

These are so cute and a perfect craft for Halloween to get everyone involved in the decorating! They turned out so cute
    Charlotte recently posted…Cat Sleeping Behaviour – Is My Cat A Normal Sleeper?My Profile

9. Fashion and Style Police

October 3, 2017 at 9:08 am

This Halloween decoration is super creative and cute. Love the design and the colours here.

10. Kara

October 3, 2017 at 9:24 am

These look really effective – perfect for a halloween party
    Kara recently posted…My Day at Britmums 2017!!My Profile

11. Talya

October 3, 2017 at 11:23 am

Oooh Jane yet another fab creation I love a bit of decoupage and perfect for the upcoming Halloween season!
    Talya recently posted…Beauty review + giveaway: Rose & Snail All Natural Face ElixirMy Profile

12. Ana De- Jesus

October 3, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Halloween must be the coolest round your house, I love the design of the Halloween letters and the decor looks spooktacular, perfect for Halloween x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…26 Fashion Staples You Need This AutumnMy Profile

13. Baby Isabella

October 4, 2017 at 8:48 pm

This looks like so much fun! Love the purple spider design! Off to check them out x
    Baby Isabella recently posted…The best show in the UK – Zippo’s Circus ReviewMy Profile

14. Stephanie

October 4, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Oh what a great idea, such a simple craft too
    Stephanie recently posted…We’ve Gone Flamingo Interiors Mad!My Profile

15. Hannah

October 5, 2017 at 6:22 am

We are halloween obsessed in this house! Will have to show this to my mum ha. It’s great 🙂
    Hannah recently posted…Tough Mudder 2017 – My ExperienceMy Profile

16. Debbie Roberts

October 5, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Hi Jayne, very effective and the green light sets the whole display off nicely. Halloween isn’t a big thing here and we’ve never decorated the house for it, although there are plenty of dusty spiders webs (without spiders) dotted around the house, very Miss Haversham!

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…4 Tips To Feeling GoodMy Profile

17. Chloe Ciliberto

October 5, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I love hobbycraft. We’ve used these letters before for my mums 50th. I love how crafty you can get with all of their things and I love what you’ve done with these letters. We’re heading to hobby craft this week to pick up things for halloween and Christmas. x

18. Rosie (@greenrosielife)

November 7, 2017 at 12:19 pm

I am too late for Halloween but I am sure there are similar craft kits for Christmas … or could you even make something like this from scratch? #MMBC
    Rosie (@greenrosielife) recently posted…Going Green #12 – Nov 2017My Profile