Self-Care For Mums

Self-Care For Mums

I’m bringing a bit of something for the mums out there today. Dads, you do a fab job of course, but today it’s all about the busy mommas! I think once you get on the motherhood train it’s so easy to let ourselves go. Taking a back seat whilst our maternal nature sees us mothering those we love and kind of neglecting ourselves! I am a work at home mum and also homeschool my boys, so to say I’m ready for that bed of mine come night time is a bloody understatement!

It’s important to practice self-care and make some quality time to just relax and appreciate the little things. So what are you waiting for? Book yourself an official day off and treat yourself.

Take A Spa Break

Self-care for mums. A lady enjoying a massage at a Spa.

This is definitely right at the top of my list of to-dos. All of those wonderful treatments to try out. I think I would head straight over for a back massage and an Indian head massage to get rid of all of that tension. Probably followed by an afternoon of doing nothing by the pool.

A Date With The Sofa And Some Serious Tv Binging

I love finding a good box set or a series to get into. A few of my favourites are Breaking Bad, Sons Of Anarchy, Vikings, Hand of God, just to name a few. If you are lucky enough to have family who help out with the kids, you could put your feet up for a couple of hours and arm yourself with a box of Maltesers or popcorn and enjoy!

Indulge Yourself

Why not treat your self to some new skin care products or some nice perfume? You could run a nice hot bath and add some deliciously smelling bath oils from Neom Organics. Light up one of their de-stressing candles before bedtime to help you get ready for a good night’s sleep. They also do an energising range which can help you feel in tip-top condition ready to tackle the busy day ahead.

Retail Therapy

Remember those days pre-parent days when you used to go into shops by yourself and not have to rush down each aisle with a screaming toddler? Or be able to go in clothes shops and look for something for yourself? No me neither! So why not go treat yourself to that top you’ve wanted for ages?  Go use the trolley as a scooter down the grocery aisle and celebrate not having to deal with a temper tantrum at the checkouts.

Remember, us mums are awesome. We do love looking after others, but sometimes a bit of self-care goes a long way (and it helps keep the wrinkles and grey hair at bay!).

*This is a collaborative post*

1. Faye Reed May 2, 2018 / 1:56 pm

These look really nice, I definitely need to take more time out for myself x

2. Kim Carberry May 2, 2018 / 8:33 pm

Great ideas….Every Thursday morning I take time out for myself. I go back to bed after the school run then when I get up I have a long soak in the bath….hehehe I really look forward to it x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…What I loved in April….My Profile

3. Karen Hughes May 4, 2018 / 10:40 am

Have to agree with this. Why do we feel do guilty about having a bit of me time. Everyone benefits in the end as we cone back refreshed and ready to tackle the world or at least the washing!
    Great ideas

4. paula cheadle May 4, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I think that it is important for mum’s to take time out for themseves

5. Susan B May 7, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Interesting post. I can remember a friend with a full-time job and a baby say to me that if she slept for a month, it still wouldn’t be enough to make her feel refreshed. I often felt the same.
    Self-care is, therefore, really important for both mums, children and employers.

6. Sophie May 8, 2018 / 4:41 pm

I am so worried about my little’un arriving. On the one hand I’ve got people telling me I’ll be so bored, and others telling me I won’t stop. I had the health visitor and midwife visit me at home the other day because I suffer with metnal health issues and they’ve been awesome. I struggle to relax at the best of times. But I feel as though it’s ging to be even more difficult come september.
    Sophie recently posted…Sophie loves – All things BeesMy Profile

7. Carol Boffey May 9, 2018 / 2:07 pm

nice to see a article like this

8. Jeanette Leighton May 10, 2018 / 10:24 am

I have never been to a spa before….. But I love my sofa and TV 😂😂

9. Theresa Thomas May 10, 2018 / 9:01 pm

Self care is definitely something we neglect once we become parents. I know see it as me time when I can get a bath or shower alone