DIY Tambourine Paper Plate Craft

DIY Tambourine Paper Plate Craft

Having two little ones, sees me getting the crafts out regularly and encouraging them to get creative. This week we are focusing on toddler crafts for my two year old. He loves his music and playing his musical instruments, so as we have plenty of supplies in our craft box, I thought we could do a DIY tambourine paper plate craft. Playing with musical instruments helps toddlers practice rhythm and listening skills.

So let’s get started!

What You Will Need

x2 Paper Plates

Jingle bells

Hole Punch

Stickers/paint to decorate

1. Simply put your plates together and use your punch to make four holes.

2. Thread your ribbon through the jingle bell and attach to the plates. Repeat until you have secured all bells to your tambourine.

3. Decorate with stickers or let your little one paint/colour in the plates.

One finished tambourine ready to be played by your mini musician!

paper plate craft tambourine

Do you like this paper plate craft? Then why not pin for later?

1. joanna April 11, 2017 / 10:19 am

What a fab craft I love that its simple to do too.

2. Deborah Nicholas April 11, 2017 / 3:21 pm

aww that is too cute and im sure we have some bells left over from christmas projects too!

3. Lindsey April 11, 2017 / 7:14 pm

How adorable is this, my daughter has an Easter Parade at her preschool on Thursday and think we will make these as an extra little treat

4. Neal April 11, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Looks great, very artistic paper plate craft. feels like Ester has arrived early.

5. Emma April 12, 2017 / 5:32 pm

This is such a great little craft! My boys love music, so they would really enjoy this. I’ll have to give it a go!

6. Stephanie April 14, 2017 / 1:12 pm

What a great easy idea, I’m off to pin this!

7. relentlesslypurple May 1, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Ah Izzy would love this craft! I may have to make it with her 🙂 #craftcorner

8. Helena May 3, 2017 / 9:26 pm

My eldest was eyeing up my craft stash recently and spotted some little Christmas bells. She’d love to use them in this craft I’m sure.#craftycorner

9. Caroline May 4, 2017 / 10:25 pm

I was looking for a simple craft project to make with my son this weekend and this looks perfect! Thanks for the inspiration. #craftycorner

10. Laura - Dear Bear and Beany May 10, 2017 / 9:23 pm

I love this idea. I would never think to make a musical instrument when we are doing crafting. Such a simple but effective craft. My girls would love to make it and then play with it. Thank you for joining us at #CraftyCorner
    Laura – Dear Bear and Beany recently posted…A Day In The Life Of…Burnished ChaosMy Profile

11. yvonne June 2, 2017 / 8:50 am

Ohhh, I LOVE this! Great idea and I love that you can get so much use out of it afterwards! Thanks so much for joining us for #craftycorner. Apologies for the late commenting, I have been in hospital. Hope you can join us again this month 🙂
    yvonne recently posted…#SMB – Google+ Week – Grow Your Community!My Profile