Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

DIY Tambourine Paper Plate Craft

Having two little ones, sees me getting the crafts out regularly and encouraging them to get creative. This week we are focusing on toddler crafts for my two year old. He loves his music and playing his musical instruments, so as we have plenty of supplies in our craft box, I thought we could do a DIY tambourine paper plate craft. Playing with musical instruments helps toddlers practice rhythm and listening skills.

So let’s get started!

What You Will Need

x2 Paper Plates

Ribbon

Jingle bells

Hole Punch

Stickers/paint to decorate

1. Simply put your plates together and use your punch to make four holes.

2. Thread your ribbon through the jingle bell and attach to the plates. Repeat until you have secured all bells to your tambourine.

3. Decorate with stickers or let your little one paint/colour in the plates.

One finished tambourine ready to be played by your mini musician!

paper plate craft tambourine

Do you like this paper plate craft? Then why not pin for later?

You Might Also Like

DIY Halloween Decorations Decoupage Letters

DIY 5 Minute Christmas Tree Decoration

DIY Pom Pom Rug

Spring Country Cottage Flower Holder

1. joanna

April 11, 2017 at 10:19 am

What a fab craft I love that its simple to do too.

2. Deborah Nicholas

April 11, 2017 at 3:21 pm

aww that is too cute and im sure we have some bells left over from christmas projects too!

3. Helen

April 11, 2017 at 3:23 pm

This is such a fun yet simple idea! Will certainly be giving this a go with my daughter 🙂

Helen x
    Helen recently posted…PARTY: Isabellas Second BirthdayMy Profile

4. Talya

April 11, 2017 at 4:02 pm

What a lovely idea I would have never thought of making this but will definitely try with my little!
    Talya recently posted…GUEST POST 6 things I wish I had known about baby sleep before I became a mumMy Profile

5. Lindsey

April 11, 2017 at 7:14 pm

How adorable is this, my daughter has an Easter Parade at her preschool on Thursday and think we will make these as an extra little treat

6. Bear and Cardigan

April 11, 2017 at 7:24 pm

I love this. So simple and quick but I know my 2 year old grandson would love to play with it. I just need to remember to buy bells.
    Sally
    Bear and Cardigan recently posted…5 Tips For Organising Bloggers Meet UpsMy Profile

7. five little doves

April 11, 2017 at 8:54 pm

What a fab idea! I am useless with coming up with craft ideas but I would love try this out with the girls! xx
    five little doves recently posted…What to buy the boy who has everything?My Profile

8. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...

April 11, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Simple but fun craft to do: my daughter will love you! Pretty and noisy…
    Musings of a tired mummy…zzz… recently posted…Sleep training success at last! (Tuesday 11th April)My Profile

9. Lyndsey O'Halloran

April 11, 2017 at 9:43 pm

This is such a simple craft but looks like so much fun!

10. Neal

April 11, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Looks great, very artistic paper plate craft. feels like Ester has arrived early.

11. Newcastle Family Life

April 12, 2017 at 9:58 am

I remember making something similar to this at school as a child, although not as nice and without the fancy ribbons and bells. This looks like such a fun craft for children. Have pinned it xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Other Bloggers Family Lives Featuring They Grow So QuickMy Profile

12. Ana De- Jesus

April 12, 2017 at 10:08 am

I would never have thought of using a paper plate and making into a tambourine. Genius! x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…How The 1960’s Fashion Revolution Inspired Modern FashionMy Profile

13. Anosa

April 12, 2017 at 11:11 am

How very creative is this DIY, I will definitely be giving it a go with my little niece I think she would love it
    Anosa recently posted…5 Ideas to Fund your next Getaway My Profile

14. Lilinha

April 12, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Such an easy to do craft. It would be a great activity to do in a birthday party, to use up spare paper plates! 🙂
    Lilinha recently posted…Easter Holiday Fun: How To Train Your Dragon egg hunt at Shrek’s AdventureMy Profile

15. Emma

April 12, 2017 at 5:32 pm

This is such a great little craft! My boys love music, so they would really enjoy this. I’ll have to give it a go!

16. Kerry norris

April 13, 2017 at 9:02 am

Such a cute idea. I actually have all of these things in our craft box so I’ll have a go at these x

17. Stephanie

April 14, 2017 at 1:12 pm

What a great easy idea, I’m off to pin this!

18. Zena's Suitcase

April 19, 2017 at 11:23 am

That is just a brilliant idea for young kids to do. It’s great that once they’ve made it they can make some music with it too
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Reviewed! Staying in the Jungle with 25Hours Hotel Bikini Berlin #TravelTuesdayMy Profile

19. relentlesslypurple

May 1, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Ah Izzy would love this craft! I may have to make it with her 🙂 #craftcorner

20. Helena

May 3, 2017 at 9:26 pm

My eldest was eyeing up my craft stash recently and spotted some little Christmas bells. She’d love to use them in this craft I’m sure.#craftycorner

21. Caroline

May 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I was looking for a simple craft project to make with my son this weekend and this looks perfect! Thanks for the inspiration. #craftycorner

22. yvonne

June 2, 2017 at 8:50 am

Ohhh, I LOVE this! Great idea and I love that you can get so much use out of it afterwards! Thanks so much for joining us for #craftycorner. Apologies for the late commenting, I have been in hospital. Hope you can join us again this month 🙂