Our Christmas Eve Boxes

Our Christmas Eve Boxes

Christmas Eve boxes have been a tradition of ours for some time now. Maybe some people think that it can perhaps seem a bit much with being so close to Christmas day, but I don’t overdo it. I generally shop at stores like Poundland or Home Bargains to fill them up so it doesn’t cost hardly anything. I think Christmas Eve boxes are a fun way to keep the kids entertained as their excitement heightens for the big day!

We partnered up with Hobbycraft and got our supplies to make up our boxes.

Wooden crate

First, I gave the crates a coat of chalky white paint. I love this paint and have used it in quite a few of our crafts. it gives a lovely matt finish.

Painting a crate with chalk white paint to create a Christmas Eve box.

I then stuck the lettering on to the front. The scrabble style letters came with an adhesive pad on the back so were easy to pop on. The glitter letters had to be glued on individually which was a little more time consuming.

Wooden lettering for Christmas Eve boxes.

We then painted our little laser cut wooden shapes and glued them into place with the glue gun.

Decorating a Christmas Eve box

A wooden Gingerbread man.

Finally, I filled them with lots of fun goodies!

A DIY Christmas Eve box.

What’s inside our Christmas Eve boxes?

• New Christmas PJ’s
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Christmas socks
  • Colouring book and pencils
  • Christmas stickers
  • Bedtime story
  • Craft activity pack
  • Personalised Santa plate

Do you do Christmas Eve boxes in your house? Or maybe you have another family Christmas tradition?

You may also like our Christmas Scene in a Jar craft.

*We received the craft supplies for the purpose of this post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.*

1. Raisie Bay (@RaisieBay) December 17, 2018 / 10:45 am

Your boxes are lovely and I’m sure your children will be thrilled with them. I’ve never done Christmas Eve boxes for any of my kids, maybe I could make a change this year.
    #MMBC

2. Kim Carberry December 17, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Aww! What lovely boxes.
    I think they are a great idea. I usually do them and fill them with things to keep the kids amused while I am busy preparing the Christmas lunch. #MMBC

3. Catherine Lanser December 17, 2018 / 1:52 pm

A very cool idea. I’ve never heard of this before. Fun stuff inside.

#MMBC

4. Jackie Howell December 17, 2018 / 10:28 pm

love these boxes and some great ideas of what to put in for kids

5. Debbie Carr December 18, 2018 / 11:05 am

What a wonderful idea, it would keep the kids entertained while making them and with all the bits inside!
    Lovely! #MMBC
    Debs @ https://tiger-mint.com

6. kelly wheelhouse December 18, 2018 / 3:12 pm

What a lovely idea! They turned out great! I might make one for my little boy next year 😊 he’s too young to understand this year

7. Helena December 22, 2018 / 2:00 pm

It’s great to keep the kids entertained and you are right about Poundland and Home Bargains having some great inexpensive things to fill the boxes. #MySundayPhoto

8. Helena December 22, 2018 / 2:02 pm

I think it’s great to have something to entertain the kids and you are right about Home Bargains and Poundland having some great inexpensive things in #MMBC