My Autumnal Crocheted Bunting

My Autumnal Crocheted Bunting

I’ve always wanted to crochet. I look at some of the amazing things that my friends have created and I used to think ‘I wish I could do something like that’. I really enjoy crafts but crochet is something that I had never had a go at before up until the past few months. Now I can’t get enough of the hooks! I have kitted out the family with crocheted hats and scarves and I have finally finished off my autumnal bunting.

I get a lot of my inspiration from Youtube and use a lot of tutorials that people kindly pop up for us to follow. One of my favourites is Laura and her channel HappyBerry Crochet. I definitely recommend checking her out if like me you are a newbie crocheter!

I made these lovely oak design leaves from Laura’s tutorial which then inspired me to make an autumnal bunting to put above our stove in the kitchen.

A cheerful bunting full of autumnal colours

I did the oak leaves in shades of green and brown and the additional leaf in red. To break up the bunting I added a few brightly coloured pumpkins to finish it off.

It is so simple and really brightens up our kitchen on a dark and dreary day. I am becoming quite addicted to this crochet malarkey! Now to get planning another project.

Have you been working on a crochet project?

Pin me!
A simple autumnal crocheted bunting. #crochet #crafts #autumndecor #autumnalcrafts #autumnalinterior #pumpkincrafts #leafcrafts

1. Jo October 22, 2018 / 9:28 am

This is gorgeous! Love the colours. I did a crochet morning course earlier this year but didn’t really get it! You’ve just inspired me to have another go! #MMBC

• Jayne
      Author
      October 22, 2018 / 10:00 am

Thank you Jo! So happy that I have inspired you and can’t wait to see what you make. 🙂

2. Kim Carberry October 22, 2018 / 11:34 am

That is so pretty! What a lovely addition to your home. You are so talented x

3. Carol October 22, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Congrats on teaching yourself to crochet. Your bunting is so appropriate for autumn. #MMBC

4. Cheryl | TimeToCraft October 22, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Ahhh! You finished it. I’ve been looking forward to seeing your crochet bunting. It looks perfect against the stone too. I bet it makes you smile every time you go into the kitchen. Love seasonal crafting. #MMBC

5. Chloe October 22, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Hi, I love this bunting wonderful cosy colours. I really should give crocheting a try #mmbc

6. Kate October 22, 2018 / 6:39 pm

I love what you have done and the colours. Even better I am over the moon as I used to crochet as a child and thought I would be too dim to get back to it but you have given me hope it is doable as a grown-up type person #MMBC

7. linda curtis October 22, 2018 / 11:45 pm

this is extreamly cute with lovely autum colours

8. Rebecca Whatmore October 24, 2018 / 6:07 am

I love this! I need to learn to crochet and knit – a skill I wish i’d learnt when I was younger.

9. Shelley Jessup October 24, 2018 / 12:36 pm

This is so beautiful! I am going to send this to my friend for inspiration as she loves to crochet.

10. Jeanette Leighton October 24, 2018 / 12:59 pm

It’s nice to have a hobby , I used to knit a bit but I don’t really get time now

11. Teresa sheldon October 24, 2018 / 4:00 pm

Love this idea love the colours and where you’ve got it I’m going to have a go at this might do. Hristmas theme as by the time I finish it will probably be Winter thanks for sharing x

12. Helena October 28, 2018 / 12:08 pm

I’m in awe of people who can crochet or/and knit. This is a fantastic piece and so unique #MMBC

13. Helena October 28, 2018 / 12:29 pm

I’m in awe of anyone who can knit and/or crochet. This is one lovely unique creation – beautiful #MMBC

14. sandy lynn ralph November 1, 2018 / 8:37 pm

oh i love it and it really adds a splash of colour to the kitchen