Bedroom Makeover – Quick-Step Flooring

Bedroom Makeover – Quick-Step Flooring

We have been really busy since we moved into our house 6 months ago. We updated the bathroom which was in dire need of some TLC and decided to start our bedroom next. Having worked with Quick-step flooring previously and being so happy with how the flooring turned out, we have chosen the soft oak grey wooden flooring from their Impressive range.

Prepping

Just like the bathroom, we removed the skirting boards and easily installed the Unisound underlay. The underlay has a real premium feel to it. Not only does it level the floor prior to installation, it is designed to reduce the typical tapping sound usually associated with laminate flooring by reducing noise levels in the room and also in the room below.

It has a pre-attached moisture barrier that you fit right up to the wall, giving it maximum protection from moisture damage. The underlay has a self-adhesive seal on one edge. Simply removing the backing tape allows it to adhere to the adjacent length to create a single piece of underlay. This maximises the moisture and sound retention potential. It is also suitable with underfloor heating.

Fitting

Once the underlay was down, we made a start on the flooring. I love the shade of the soft oak grey boards. They have a textured grain and bevelled edges making it feel much more like an authentic wooden floor rather than a laminate. You can see from the photos that the boards are far from flimsy. They are sturdy, they fit together with ease and give a flawless finish when laid.

I have had different types of wooden flooring in the past and none have even come near to the quality of Quick-Step flooring. It contains the heat well too and feels really toasty against your feet, unlike other brands where they are absolutely freezing when you walk on them.

We chose to replace our skirting boards because they were also very tired. However, Quick-Step also sell a variety of accessories. From matching colour profile strips or matching parquet skirting boards, to fitting kits and cleaning products. All of which makes the installation of your new floor easier.

Here is the before pic with the felt backed worn carpet and after with the soft oak grey flooring. I know which one I prefer!

You can catch up with the finished makeover here – Our Bedroom Makeover

*We were sent these materials for the purpose of this makeover. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100& honest.*

Pin me!

1. Nicole Anderson | Camping for Women September 17, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Quick Step flooring certainly does look like a quality product and I love that you found it really easy to use. The underlay as well is so important and the feature to retain heat in the floor somewhat is something that I would appreciate in colder times.

2. Kristy Bullard September 18, 2018 / 1:48 am

I really needed this! We need new flooring in our home and we have been debating doing it ourselves. You guys did a great job!

3. Princess September 18, 2018 / 5:04 am

What a nice choice for flooring. Makes everything brighter and cozier.

4. Megan September 18, 2018 / 1:16 pm

WOW, what a difference! I absolutely love the change you’ve made, thank you for sharing! I need to look into this…

5. Lyosha September 18, 2018 / 5:01 pm

Great make over post. Bedroom is such an intimate place. It is supposed to be your fortress and must be super comfy with everything

6. Ellie Plummer September 18, 2018 / 7:12 pm

The new flooring looks so gorgeous, I love how neutral the colour is. It really brightens up the room.

7. Flavia September 18, 2018 / 7:55 pm

You make it look so easy! And it’s so nice to see the before and after pictures. Looks really good 🙂

8. Itstimefortraveltime September 18, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Omg looks like so much work but I love how you simplified it. I will have to think about renovating my apt at some point.

9. Marcie September 18, 2018 / 9:17 pm

You picked the perfect shade of oak for your flooring! So trendy yet versatile!

10. hey sharonoox September 19, 2018 / 1:13 am

This looks like a nice and easy way to do flooring. I really like the oak color wood. Might consider looking into this for our basement flooring project.

11. Ashley - Forking Up September 19, 2018 / 1:38 am

I wish I had my own house, this looks so gorgeous and I’d much prefer it to our carpet.

12. Frank September 19, 2018 / 2:58 am

I would love to do more stuff like this, but honestly, I’m not much of a handy man and nor do I really enjoy it, just the result! Still, the act of doing something like this always feels so great when you’re done!

13. Alexis September 19, 2018 / 4:07 am

Love the new flooring, it looks amazing. Wood flooring is so much easier to clean than carpet.

14. Christa September 19, 2018 / 4:31 am

I love seeing makeovers! It inspires me to do the same. Your floors turned out beautifully.

15. Geraline Batarra September 19, 2018 / 8:10 am

You flooring is really beautiful and I really like it. Me? I do prefer to use wooden flooring since because I have a toddler so I want to secure my kd safety.