Reasons To Be Cheerful Week 1

Reasons To Be Cheerful Week 1

It’s been a while since I did a gratitude post highlighting the best parts of my week. The last one was The Happy Bits List way back last year! So I thought I would change that and start a list back up each week of all the things big or small that have made me smile, and it helps keep my rants to a minimal too! Haha.

Reasons To Be Cheerful This Week

✿ Having gorgeous weather so that we could get the paddling pool out and have water fights with the boys.

✿ Being organised at work and having a steady workflow scheduled for the upcoming months.

✿ Managing not to eat my bodyweight in snacks this week and eating healthier (although I could eat all the food).

✿ Having all of the lovely blooms to look at in the garden, it is so pretty and the smells are lush.

✿ Making good progress on my journalism course. I am really enjoying it.

✿  Finally getting round to having my hair dyed. I am naturally blonde anyway, but as I have got an old fart ‘matured’ it has gone a shade darker than it used to be. I may have found my first grey hair the other day as well. I was totally gutted for the rest of the day haha! Mind you, I should thank my lucky stars I don’t have a full silver bonnet with my two scamps!

How was your week?

Kate on thin ice

1. Susan Smith June 29, 2018 / 4:11 pm

I have every reason to be cheerful this week, ive been planning our camping trip and looking at all the places I would love to visit

• Jayne
      Author
      June 29, 2018 / 6:33 pm

That’s fab Susan! Have a great time 🙂

2. Margaret Gallagher June 29, 2018 / 5:52 pm

Loving your inspiration – theres always something good happening even when it pours – just have to seek it out

• Jayne
      Author
      June 29, 2018 / 6:34 pm

So very true Margaret. Thanks for popping by 🙂

3. Kim Carberry June 29, 2018 / 7:34 pm

It sounds like a great week! I’m glad work is going well and the journalism course. That sounds interesting.
    I must get the paddling pool out for the kids. We just haven’t got around to it yet. x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Feeling hot, hot, hot! #WotWMy Profile

4. Natalie June 29, 2018 / 10:20 pm

A fab post! I always like to reflect on my week and even the simple things that make me.smile! Aside from a raging ear infection this week has been a good week for my blog and I am.now feeling well enough to enjoy the weekend with my boys

5. Michelle June 30, 2018 / 4:33 pm

The weather is so much nicer now and I love going for walks in the evenings. We are hitting a heat wave right now so hopefully, I will get to the beach during this time and get some much needed swimming in. I also haven’t dyed my hair in a while. It’s on my list for this weekend:) #MMBC
    Michelle recently posted…Dear June, You Sure Did Keep Me BusyMy Profile

6. Helena June 30, 2018 / 5:10 pm

So good to keep a positive highlights of the week post. I wonder are you really hungry or dehydrated? When I think I’m hungry often it’s more a lack of water. #mmbc
    Helena recently posted…My Likes and Loves: June 2018My Profile

7. Kim Styles July 1, 2018 / 9:19 am

The weather is perfect and makes us cheerful . I find people in the street tend to to talk to others more if the weather is good . I chat away to the neighbours when the sun is out and people are either doing the garden or washing the cars. in the cold we all ignore each other and get on with our lives – isn’t it strange!

8. Chloe @ Indigo Wilderness July 1, 2018 / 10:10 am

Love this. Hasn’t the weather been amazing? Long may it continue! And as for going grey, I’m way ahead of you there!! Lovely photo too, always fantastic to enjoy some time outdoors and does wonders for mind and body! Hope you have a great week coming up and thank you for linking up with #BestBootForward

9. Kate Holmes July 1, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Grey hairs like lines are earned and nothing to worry about. Sometimes I rock them and sometimes I dye them when the mood takes you. Lovely cheerful reasons and thanks for linking up with #BestBootForward. I would love to hear more about your journalism course – should have pursued one years ago but that was another time and place. Never too late maybe!

10. chickenruby July 3, 2018 / 2:16 pm

only 1 grey hair, I’ve had a head full since i was 28, the sunshine and the light evenings really does lift the mood, as do flowers

#bestbootforward

11. Jessica - A Modern Mom's Life July 4, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I am with you on “make healthy food choice – though I could eat ALL the food.” This is my natural state. If I didn’t bust into a bag of chips or chocolate it’s been a good day food wise! I love the idea of these gratitude posts. They really help you stay centered and realize you’re doing pretty well in life, despite the negative thoughts and feeling that may be lingering!
    Hope your next week is great too!
    ~Jess
    #MMBC (and I saw you on #BestBootForward!)
    Jessica – A Modern Mom’s Life recently posted…5 Things to do After Your Child is SickMy Profile