AD – This is a paid collaboration
I think far too often us mums take a back seat. We enjoy caring for everyone else that we sometimes forget ourselves! So if you are feeling a little burned out then I hope this list of self-care ideas inspires you.
1. Get outdoors and have a nice walk. Nothing feels better than the fresh air and peacefulness of the countryside. It’s good for the soul.
2. Pamper yourself. Kiddies Kingdom kindly sent me a pamper hamper to spoil myself with.
3. Unwind with a book.
4. Treat yourself to some new clothing.
5. Start a journal and record what you are grateful for each week.
6. Learn a new hobby. I recently learned to crochet and find it a nice way to wind down after a busy day.
7. Have a catch up with friends.
8. Take a nice bubble bath. My husband plays games with the boys when I have a bath, that way I can have an uninterrupted soak, bliss!
9. Take a photo of the sunset or sunrise. It’s nice to take in mother nature.
10. If something is on your mind then share it with someone. A problem shared is a problem halved. Try not to bottle things up.
11. Treat yourself to some fresh flowers. I always have a vase of fresh flowers on my table, I love how they instantly brighten up the room. They make me happy.
12. Put your favourite music on, turn it up and enjoy a good sing along. I put mine on while I do the housework and when I pop out in the car on my own. You don’t need to lose your identity just because you’re a mum! There’s more to life than having a playlist of Cbeebies theme tunes in your head forever more. – My name’s Jayne, I’m a mum and I still listen to Metallica full blast.
13. Indulge a bit! Whether it be your favourite chocolate or bottle of wine. Enjoy something you love when the kids are tucked up in bed. No having to hide behind the kitchen door whilst you snaffle up a KitKat on the sly!
14. Do some colouring. You are never too old to colour in and I think it’s really therapeutic.
15. Find something binge-worthy to watch on Netflix.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner making it the perfect time to try some of these out!
Do you practise self-care?
Featured image Antonio Guillem/Shutterstock