Crochet Projects January Update

Crochet Projects January Update

Towards the end of last year I learned how to crochet. It was something that I had really wanted to do for some time but just didn’t get around to it. You know what it’s like with work and the kids, things often tend to get put on the back burner don’t they?!
My first make was some oak leaves and pumpkins for my autumnal bunting and some colourful scarves for the boys.

I then went on to make my husband a hat and scarf using James C Brett blue marble chunky yarn. I loved this yarn so much that I made a hat and mittens for my mom with the same yarn but different colour.

The women’s hat and mittens are made with James C Brett green burgundy marble chunky yarn.

These little hearts will come in handy as photo props for my Valentine’s Day posts. They are super quick to make and ideal to use up any scraps you have left over.

Crochet hearts

I’m no pro at crocheting but am really enjoying having a go and seeing how things turn out! And if it doesn’t then I just strop it out, have a cuppa and start again! Now to get on with the next make.

Have you made something lately?

Pin me!
Easy crochet projects #crochet #crochetmittens #crochethat #crochetscarf #crochetcrafts #crafts #handmade

1. Louisa January 18, 2019 / 12:55 pm

You have been very productive! I especially like your hat and mitten sets. I need to start a new crochet project but am not sure what to make, I think a hat with a huge pompom would be a great project.
    Louisa recently posted…Love, life and loss in 2018My Profile

2. Carol January 21, 2019 / 11:48 am

You’re really good at crocheting. I used to love to crochet but wasn’t good at shaping items to wear. I mostly made baby afghans which are really just pastel rectangles. Made loads of them for friends having babies. Now it hurts to crochet due to arthritis but I really miss it. I enjoyed your photos – keep sharing your projects please. #MMBC

3. Sam January 21, 2019 / 11:51 am

Wow they look awesome and perfect for this time of year X #mmbc

4. chris bull January 23, 2019 / 8:10 pm

Thank you for this, my daughter loves to crochet so will be showing her and hoping for a treat

5. Kayleigh Watkins January 23, 2019 / 10:20 pm

I love the hat sets and beautiful hearts, I could never knit when my mum tried to teach me but was good at crocheting, although I gave up after an hour or two, I should learn to do it as I love bobble hats for my children and it would be a great hobby when I’m bored xx

6. Jo F January 27, 2019 / 8:16 am

I’ve just started to crochet having never done it before. My son has requested a Minecraft creeper. Not sure quite how it is going to turn out!