Our Family Christmas Traditions

Our Family Christmas Traditions

I love Christmas time, cue music….It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s even more magical when you have got little ones, seeing their excitement as they count down to the big day. Also, I’m a Christmas baby and we celebrate my birthday on Christmas Eve, so we have lots to look forward to.
We have our family Christmas traditions that we do each year and have added a new one this year!

Decorating The Tree Together

One of our favourite traditions is to decorate the Christmas tree together. Every year we get the tree out of its box, get all of the decorations to hand and listen to Christmas tunes on MTV as we make the tree look all Christmassy. I do wait until the boys are out of sight and do a little bit of rearranging of the baubles! Haha.

Decorating the Christmas tree

Christmas Eve Boxes

I started doing a Christmas Eve box when my eldest was 3 and have gone on to do this every year since. I don’t go over the top with filling it as the boys get more than enough on Christmas day. I put in just enough to keep them entertained on Christmas Eve. There’s normally a Christmas storybook for bedtime, a new pair of pj’s, an activity book/colouring book, some Christmas craft bits, some hot chocolate and a sweet treat.

Matching Christmas Pyjamas

This is a new one for us but one I am absolutely loving. I have always got the boys new Christmas pyjamas and put them in their Christmas Eve boxes, but this year I am joining in with the ever-growing trend of family matching PJs! Pyjamas.com has kindly sent us this awesome set of bear family matching pyjamas. We have mummy bear, daddy bear and little bear on the fronts of our Pjs. The kids think it’s quite funny that mummy and daddy are wearing the same PJs as them. Pyjamas.com have a lovely selection of PJ’s for all of the family and are all very affordable.

Family Matching Christmas PJs

Us in our matching family Christmas pyjamas

The boys in our room in their new matching Christmas PJs

What are your Christmas traditions? Do you have matching Pyjamas?

*W received these items for the purpose of this post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest.*

1. Carol December 17, 2018 / 11:04 am

That’s a cute idea of having matching PJ’s. My mother always let us open one small present on Christmas eve trying to control our urges to open all the presents. Hope you have a wonderful holiday week. Happy almost your birthday. My nephew was also born on Christmas. We used to have a party for him in the summer for as he said at 8, it’s too hard to compete with Jesus. #MMBC

2. Kim Carberry December 17, 2018 / 12:46 pm

Aww! Those pj’s are just adorable. I love the photo of you all!
    I tried to get matching PJ’s for us all but where I looked they were out of stock in the sizes I wanted so we’ve ended up with my fella and youngest matching and me and my teen. lol #MMBC
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Our weekly meal plan. 17th – 23rd Dec! #MealPlanningMondayMy Profile

3. Cheryl | TimeToCraft December 17, 2018 / 1:45 pm

I love matching pjs and these ones are very cute. Only started having matching ones last year, and this is the first year I’m wearing some too. We do a similar Christmas Eve to you. It does create a calm evening. My lot don’t need it really anymore, as they are older, but no child is ever going to let go of a tradition that suits them! I’m almost a Christmas baby. Just after the big day. Hope you have a lovely time. #MMBC

4. Michelle Kellogg December 17, 2018 / 2:07 pm

I love the Christmas Pajamas! Growing up I was given one gift to open on Christmas Eve. After the family would sit and watch a Christmas movie together then it would be bed time. But with my boys, every year I throw my annual Christmas Eve party for the family. We get together and exchange gifts. This leaves my Christmas tradition in tact while still saving the gifts I got my boys for Christmas morning. I think the Christmas Eve party is my favorite part about Christmas. It’s a lot of work but it’s so worth it 🙂 #MMBC

5. kelly wheelhouse December 18, 2018 / 3:15 pm

what a lovely read 😊 This year is my little boy’s first Christmas so we will be starting some new traditions. Our usual traditions are to put the tree up in the first week of December, and Christmas day we go to either mine or my fiancé’s parents, and the other parents on boxing day

6. Helena December 22, 2018 / 2:06 pm

I can totally relate to the tweaking element of arranging decorations. My eldest has helped me decorate the tree this year and my youngest likes to take them off! #MMBC