Making A Home Autumn/Winter Cosy

Making A Home Autumn/Winter Cosy

I love this time and year and look forward to the cosy nights tucked up indoors watching Christmas movies with my little clan. I also love to have a deep clean throughout the house ready for when the tree and decorations go up. While I do this I like to add a few seasonal items to the rooms and this is what I generally do.

Oversized Chunky Blankets

I love comforts and especially at this time of year when it’s so cold out. I have a small ottoman in the lounge where I keep a stash of blankets and fleeces so everyone can help themselves to something snuggly. We have quite a few that we use to cover ourselves when watching TV. I really really want one of these oversized chunky blankets in my life and how cosy does this look? I think I may have to make myself one!

Image source Albina Glisic/Shutterstock

Autumnal Bunting

I have recently learned to crochet and one of my recent makes is this colourful autumnal bunting. It sits pretty above the stove in our kitchen. It’s fun to make, cheerful and brightens up the room. You could, of course, buy some autumnal decorations if you are not so keen on making them yourself.

Crochet leaves and pumpkins made into an autumnal bunting.

Autumn Table

Another way to bring autumn into the home is create a seasonal table setting. I usually have my chickens’ tablecloth on throughout the year to go in with my countryside theme, but I like to have a change with the seasons. I now have a green one with polka dots to add a little colour. I also bought some pretty LED maple leaf lights that look really cosy come the evening.

Fresh flowers instantly make a room feel homely just like this deluxe autumn bouquet from Bloom Magic. originally focused in Ireland, Bloom Magic are now offering their services in the UK. They have so many beautiful flower arrangements to choose from and for all occasions.

An autumnal bouquet of flowers from Magic Bloom flowers.

Candles

Candles really are the best way to make a room look cosy and inviting in my opinion. I have them burning throughout the year!  You can pick up some lovely autumnal/winter fragrances such as sugared cinnamon, spiced berry, mulberry, spruce and many more.

Candles glowing on a side table surrounded by pinecones.Image source KHUTORNAIA SVETLANA/Shutterstock

How do you make your home autumn/winter cosy?

Featured image Paul Maguire/Shutterstock

*This is a collaborative post*

1. Cheryl | TimeToCraft November 15, 2018 / 10:31 am

We have a pile of homemade blankets too. They certainly get used. I think the wood burner announces the start of cosy evenings for me, and hot chocolates. #MMBC

2. Lyosha November 15, 2018 / 3:30 pm

looks so cozy! makes me want to finish my work the soonest and cozy up doing nothing. Nice photos and ideas indeed
    Lyosha recently posted…Lingerie Fashion Week, day 2My Profile

3. Holly Bird November 15, 2018 / 8:03 pm

Beautiful pictures! Even though I live in Arizona, we pile of blankets also! I am ready for the cool down to come soon!

4. Chad November 15, 2018 / 8:42 pm

Your pictures made me feel so warm and happy, I love fall!!! Thank you so much for the awesome post, I need to invest in a wood burner, it is so charming!
    Chad

5. Tasha at Lady Boss Studio November 16, 2018 / 1:59 am

My favourite time of year and I also love deep cleaning before putting up all the holiday decorations!

6. MAYSZ November 16, 2018 / 4:54 am

We don’t have autumn and winter season in Philippines but I really Love the Home autumn concept.

7. Gervin Khan November 16, 2018 / 6:28 am

I used to have a scented candles in our home as a part of our fall decor and each member of the family really love the vibes of having it in our living room.

8. Catherine Santiago Jose November 16, 2018 / 8:24 am

Wow, these are great ideas and for my houseI would love to have flowers and scented candles for my fall decor.

9. Surekha Busa November 16, 2018 / 3:08 pm

These are great suggestions in making your fall cozy. I am going to have a beautiful and huge blanket, lightning a scented candles and sipping on my hot chocolate

10. Woodeline November 16, 2018 / 3:26 pm

I am from Florida now live in Philly. It is a drastic change for me but I am adjusting. Nothing is better than an oversized blanket and long socks

11. Ellie Plummer November 16, 2018 / 3:49 pm

I can’t get enough candles at this time of year, it just makes everything feel warm and cosy. I love the autumn bunting, I may have to get my own.

12. Noor November 16, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Oh I just saw my bags of yarns today. I love that chunky blanket so much and so the color of it.

13. Christa November 17, 2018 / 4:59 am

I love that blanket. I always have lots of blankets around. They’re so cozy (and my dog loves them, too)!

14. Helena November 18, 2018 / 9:06 pm

I’m certainly loving your suggestions. That blanket certainly looks snug and warm.

15. Teresa sheldon November 22, 2018 / 5:31 pm

Love your suggestions and love your knitted Autumnal garland xx