Getting Organised On The Lead Up To Christmas

Getting Organised On The Lead Up To Christmas

I absolutely love Christmas! Sharing the excitement with my family as we count down for the big day and playing Christmas music as the boys and I decorate the tree, it is just magical. I like to plan and prep in advance to make sure everything is taken care of months beforehand. Here are a few handy tips for getting super organised this Christmas.

Deep Cleaning

I always have a deep clean just before the Christmas decorations go up. The tree is up for what seems like an eternity so have a good clean prior to putting it up.
If you have a guest room then give it a good blitz ready for family and friends coming to stay over the festive season.

Don’t Shop To You Drop

I love nothing more than going out to the shops over Christmas but I always start shopping early. You see I hate to contend with the crowds and the endless queues! This is why I do a lot of my shopping online. You can cut time by searching for specific gifts such as homeware gifts for him and her, gifts for hobbies, children’s toys and so on, all from the comfort of your own home. Shopping online enables me to use cashback websites to get money back and I can also search for discounts to add to my orders. There is so much money to be saved by buying online.

Photo source Andrey_Popov/Shutterstock

Decorating

With family, friends and neighbours dropping by in what seems like a seemingly endless procession, I love to make sure my house is tip top. We always make an effort to ensure that any repairs or decorating are done before the festivities begin. Lots of the decorating centres and furniture suppliers have discounts and incentives to get your decorating done for less. Just make sure that you don’t leave it too late, as the demand increases dramatically the closer you get to Christmas.

A Festive Feast

We always cook Christmas dinner at home. I know its not everyone’s idea of fun, but we love it! With the Christmas songs on the stereo and the smell from the food, it’s just so festive. Cooking the dinner is much easier if you are prepared though. We plan what food we are having, book a delivery online and have the food delivered as close to Christmas as we can. We then write a plan for dinner, showing what times we need to put which items in the oven or on the hob, eliminating any disasters and reducing the stress level!

A family sitting around the table enjoying Christmas dinner.Photo source Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock

Make Lists

Most of the stress around Christmas is due to not being prepared. There is no way I would be able to remember the thousands of jobs that need to be done without making lists. So I have lists for what we need to buy for the house, what gifts we need to buy and who for, who is coming to dinner, who doesn’t eat particular foods, you name it and I’ll probably have a list for it. It really does help though because how many times have you been wrapping the presents only to find that you forgot someone?

Do you like to be organised for Christmas? Or are you a last minute Mandy?

*This is a collaborative post*

Featured image Dragon Images/Shutterstock

1. jo liddement October 31, 2018 / 8:37 am

I agree about making lists and have just added a notebook app on my Kindle and this means that i don’t lose my lists! I always have a big deep clean in my house at the end of November ready for Christmas too.

2. Anthea Holloway October 31, 2018 / 2:15 pm

I quite agree that it is important to plan ahead and make lists too. I have made the Christmas puddings and the cake already!

3. Sarah Morris November 1, 2018 / 8:59 am

Great ideas

4. Eileen Sumner November 1, 2018 / 3:53 pm

I like to be organised and start well in advance and make lists

5. Theresa Cooke November 1, 2018 / 7:22 pm

no t even thought about it yet. waiting until after bonfire night

6. sarah m November 1, 2018 / 8:17 pm

Great tips. I want to be more organised this Christmas so I will definitely be taking these on board!

7. Julie Scattergood November 1, 2018 / 8:46 pm

You can’t go far wrong with lists. I don’t know how I ever organised anything before smartphone apps

8. Denise walton November 1, 2018 / 11:04 pm

I like to do a clean before Christmas too it’s nice to get everything prepared

9. Rebecca Whatmore November 2, 2018 / 6:59 am

Great tips – I really need to start making some lists!

10. Ali Duke November 2, 2018 / 11:11 am

I am usually a lot more organised than I am right now for Christmas. This year has been a stressful year for us and Christmas is creeping up far to quickly for my liking.
    #MMBC

11. Kristin Burdsall November 2, 2018 / 3:44 pm

Some great tips. Iv already bought a big tub of paint so i can freshen up my kitchen and lounge before the big day!

12. Victoria Easton November 2, 2018 / 4:43 pm

I love getting organised for Christmas, nice seeing someone else does too!

13. Gillian Mcclelland November 2, 2018 / 9:11 pm

Some great ideas, I check online and have gotten some great deals and cashback, I now do lists to help me keep track

14. Helena November 2, 2018 / 9:35 pm

I’m finding myself writing loads of lists and checking them more than twice! #MMBC

15. Samantha Fernley November 2, 2018 / 10:06 pm

I’ve started the deep clean, it’s really satisfying to get everywhere sparkling before Christmas.

16. Michelle Kellogg November 5, 2018 / 2:48 am

I shop online now too, for the most part. I started a little bit of early Christmas Shopping just this past weekend. I look forward to decorating every year. It’s one of my favorite things to do with my boys as I play Christmas music and put up all the lights and garland. Very exciting! #MMBC

17. Anne November 5, 2018 / 10:10 am

Oh yes, the list making has commenced. I also like a good deep clean before I get the tree and decorations out.
    I’ve a Christmas Post linky on my blog which you can add as many Christmas posts as you wish until December 31st. Do come along and share, you know where I am x
    #MMBC