Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

iPad Carry Case And Stand Craft

I don’t know about you but we are definitely a tech family. PS4, Switch, Wii U, iPads, you get the gist! So today’s craft in collaboration with Hobbycraft is very apt, a tablet carry case and stand. Not only will this come in useful around the home, it would make a lovely handmade gift for Father’s Day too.

What You Will Need

✲ Hardboard

Fat quarters/material

Glue gun

Decorative letters

Elastic

I chose to use some nice blue shades and thought these two fat quarters go really nice together.

I sized the boards up by going slightly bigger than our iPad. To give you a general idea to go off I made my boards all 26cm high. The width from left-right is 17cm, 1cm, 19cm, 1.5cm and 10cm.

I glued the fabric along each long length. Snipping a little off each end to make it more manageable to stick down.

Focusing on the main centre board, I glued the elastic strip around which will be used to hold the case closed when not in use. Then proceed to stick four loops as shown to secure the tablet in place. It’s fine to be generous with the glue as I was, because all will be concealed in the next few steps.

I then cut out 3 pieces of card which were then covered with the lighter shade of fat quarter. Leave a little overhang on the outer panels as this can be covered with the centre piece. It’s better to have some excess fabric than to have unwanted gaps.

Glue all three pieces into place and you are done.

As this is intended for Father’s Day, I added some cool gold glittery lettering to the front. The rest of the letters can be used for Christmas crafts. I think this would make a lovely gift. As you can see, my husband is already putting it to good use.

What do you think?

Pin Me!

An ipad case craft. Are you a tech family? Ten somebody will love receiving this DIY ipad case and stand. #handmade #handmadegifts #craftsforhim #fathersdaycrafts #crafts #ipadcase #ipadstand

*We work with Hobbycraft and were sent products for the purpose of this craft. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

You Might Also Like

PJ Masks Craft – Super Moon Adventure Space Playset

Valentine’s Day Photo Bookmark Craft

Craft Stick Magnetic Photo Frame

Weekend Box – Chinese New Year Activities

1. Natasha Mairs

June 11, 2018 at 9:17 am

I love this!! When I first saw the photo I thought this post was going to be about a review of an ipad case. I can’t believe you made this! It’s gorgeous! I will be trying to make my own now, #MMBC
    Natasha Mairs recently posted…The Remarkable Hare ReviewMy Profile

1. Jayne

June 11, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Thanks Natasha, I really enjoyed doing this. Looking forward to seeing how you get on 🙂

2. Kim Carberry

June 11, 2018 at 11:53 am

What a fab creation! It would be perfect for Fathers day. Home made gifts are always more special than bought one’s. #MMBC
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Trying some new recipes & hoping for leftovers. #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

1. Jayne

June 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Thanks Kim! I totally agree. I love getting little creations from the boys 🙂

3. Rochelle @ www.rhubarbandwren.co.uk

June 11, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Such a great idea for Father’s Day – we too are a house of many devices… Will have to get the kids crafting – thanks for the idea!
    Rochelle @ http://www.rhubarbandwren.co.uk recently posted…How to Make a Magic Wand Out of a Stick!My Profile

1. Jayne

June 11, 2018 at 5:18 pm

You’re welcome Rochelle. Have fun!

4. Sheradan Cheetham

June 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm

Oh wow! That looks like you bought it from a shop! I wish I was as crafty as this. It looks great!

1. Jayne

June 11, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Aw thanks Sheradan! It really is quite easy to make and no sewing either! Thanks for popping by 🙂

5. Tracy

June 11, 2018 at 5:55 pm

Ah, I love that! Looks so professional! I would never be able to do something like that but you make it seem SO easy!

6. Kate Holmes

June 11, 2018 at 6:30 pm

So very clever and I love the mix of high tech and home-made loveliness #MMBC

7. Louisa

June 11, 2018 at 6:57 pm

What a brilliant project! My other half doesn’t have a ipad but the children have to have them for school and a personalised case sounds like a great way to get them off their tech and crafting for a while! #mmbc
    Louisa recently posted…Man’s best friend. My best friendMy Profile

8. Chloe

June 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Hi, I saw the post and thought it was a review of an iPad case. I don’t expect that you were making. What a lovely gift for a dad to receive #mmbc
    Chloe recently posted…Review of The Free From Festival LondonMy Profile

9. Katie

June 11, 2018 at 8:55 pm

What a brilliant idea. I’d never have thought of making an iPad case, but this is really lovely. I’m always stuck for Father’s Day gifts too, so thanks for the inspiration! x

10. Ger (It's Me & Ethan )

June 11, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Ooh I love this . What a great gift. So creative and so personal . Think you’ve just helped me with the kids fathers day gift !!!

11. Melanie

June 12, 2018 at 10:03 am

This looks amazing. I thought it was shop bought. What a good quality craft x

12. Jenni

June 12, 2018 at 10:54 am

This is perfect timing – our family iPad’s case is falling apart! Don’t know if we’ll get one made in time for Father’s Day but certainly bookmarking this.

13. Michelle

June 12, 2018 at 11:38 am

You made that? That is amazing! I am in awe of your crafting skills. I really love this idea and I bet it saves a lot of money because I know those cases can run pretty expensive. Such a great Father’s Day gift too:)
    Michelle recently posted…I’m Back on YouTubeMy Profile

14. Catherine @ Story Snug

June 12, 2018 at 8:41 pm

This is a great idea – it looks so professionally done :o)

#MMBC
    Catherine @ Story Snug recently posted…The Brilliant Deep by Kate Messner & Matthew ForsytheMy Profile

15. John Milnes

June 12, 2018 at 10:37 pm

This is an awesome activity. Just proves you don’t have to spend much for Fathers day. This is an ideal gift with heart felt love and that personal touch.

John M
    John Milnes recently posted…Fathers Day Shower Kit ActivityMy Profile

16. Kaz | Ickle Pickles Life and Travels

June 14, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Oh you are so clever! What a gorgeous case – I want one! Kaz

17. Kate Davies

June 14, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Fantastic idea, the ideas and themes are endless.

18. Lorraine Kirk

July 29, 2018 at 11:43 am

What a great idea, I think I will make one of these for my mum’s birthday.

19. Stevie

July 31, 2018 at 9:28 am

This is a great idea. I think I’ll give it a try.