iPad Carry Case And Stand Craft

iPad Carry Case And Stand Craft

I don’t know about you but we are definitely a tech family. PS4, Switch, Wii U, iPads, you get the gist! So today’s craft in collaboration with Hobbycraft is very apt, a tablet carry case and stand. Not only will this come in useful around the home, it would make a lovely handmade gift for Father’s Day too.

What You Will Need

✲ Hardboard

Fat quarters/material

Glue gun

Decorative letters

Elastic

I chose to use some nice blue shades and thought these two fat quarters go really nice together.

I sized the boards up by going slightly bigger than our iPad. To give you a general idea to go off I made my boards all 26cm high. The width from left-right is 17cm, 1cm, 19cm, 1.5cm and 10cm.

I glued the fabric along each long length. Snipping a little off each end to make it more manageable to stick down.

Focusing on the main centre board, I glued the elastic strip around which will be used to hold the case closed when not in use. Then proceed to stick four loops as shown to secure the tablet in place. It’s fine to be generous with the glue as I was, because all will be concealed in the next few steps.

I then cut out 3 pieces of card which were then covered with the lighter shade of fat quarter. Leave a little overhang on the outer panels as this can be covered with the centre piece. It’s better to have some excess fabric than to have unwanted gaps.

Glue all three pieces into place and you are done.

As this is intended for Father’s Day, I added some cool gold glittery lettering to the front. The rest of the letters can be used for Christmas crafts. I think this would make a lovely gift. As you can see, my husband is already putting it to good use.

What do you think?

Pin Me!

An ipad case craft. Are you a tech family? Ten somebody will love receiving this DIY ipad case and stand. #handmade #handmadegifts #craftsforhim #fathersdaycrafts #crafts #ipadcase #ipadstand

*We work with Hobbycraft and were sent products for the purpose of this craft. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

1. Natasha Mairs June 11, 2018 / 9:17 am

I love this!! When I first saw the photo I thought this post was going to be about a review of an ipad case. I can’t believe you made this! It’s gorgeous! I will be trying to make my own now, #MMBC
    Natasha Mairs recently posted…The Remarkable Hare ReviewMy Profile

• Jayne
      Author
      June 11, 2018 / 5:15 pm

Thanks Natasha, I really enjoyed doing this. Looking forward to seeing how you get on 🙂

• Jayne
      Author
      June 11, 2018 / 5:17 pm

Thanks Kim! I totally agree. I love getting little creations from the boys 🙂

• Jayne
      Author
      June 11, 2018 / 5:18 pm

You’re welcome Rochelle. Have fun!

2. Sheradan Cheetham June 11, 2018 / 4:57 pm

Oh wow! That looks like you bought it from a shop! I wish I was as crafty as this. It looks great!

• Jayne
      Author
      June 11, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Aw thanks Sheradan! It really is quite easy to make and no sewing either! Thanks for popping by 🙂

3. Kate Holmes June 11, 2018 / 6:30 pm

So very clever and I love the mix of high tech and home-made loveliness #MMBC

4. Louisa June 11, 2018 / 6:57 pm

What a brilliant project! My other half doesn’t have a ipad but the children have to have them for school and a personalised case sounds like a great way to get them off their tech and crafting for a while! #mmbc
    Louisa recently posted…Man’s best friend. My best friendMy Profile

5. Chloe June 11, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Hi, I saw the post and thought it was a review of an iPad case. I don’t expect that you were making. What a lovely gift for a dad to receive #mmbc
    Chloe recently posted…Review of The Free From Festival LondonMy Profile

6. Katie June 11, 2018 / 8:55 pm

What a brilliant idea. I’d never have thought of making an iPad case, but this is really lovely. I’m always stuck for Father’s Day gifts too, so thanks for the inspiration! x

7. Ger (It's Me & Ethan ) June 11, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Ooh I love this . What a great gift. So creative and so personal . Think you’ve just helped me with the kids fathers day gift !!!

8. Melanie June 12, 2018 / 10:03 am

This looks amazing. I thought it was shop bought. What a good quality craft x

9. Jenni June 12, 2018 / 10:54 am

This is perfect timing – our family iPad’s case is falling apart! Don’t know if we’ll get one made in time for Father’s Day but certainly bookmarking this.

10. Michelle June 12, 2018 / 11:38 am

You made that? That is amazing! I am in awe of your crafting skills. I really love this idea and I bet it saves a lot of money because I know those cases can run pretty expensive. Such a great Father’s Day gift too:)
    Michelle recently posted…I’m Back on YouTubeMy Profile

11. John Milnes June 12, 2018 / 10:37 pm

This is an awesome activity. Just proves you don’t have to spend much for Fathers day. This is an ideal gift with heart felt love and that personal touch.

John M