Fab Views At Salcombe Hill National Trust Walk

Fab Views At Salcombe Hill National Trust Walk

During our stay in Devon, we really tried to get out and about and see as much as possible whilst there. We found a lovely hidden gem one afternoon. It had been raining constantly all morning and the kids had been over to the games room which was just across from our holiday cottage. If you are parents then you know how hard it is to keep little ones entertained when it’s tipping down! Thankfully the rain passed over so we thought we would find somewhere to have a family-friendly walk before tea time.

Salcombe Hill Circular Walk

After doing a little research on Google, we found a lovely little national trust walk at Salcombe hill. The beauty with this walk is that there are various routes to suit everyone. We naturally chose the child/pushchair friendly route. There are some more challenging tracks should you fancy them.

This little track has the best views. You are right by the cliff edge so are greeted with fantastic sights of the Jurassic coast. I just wish we had the weather on our side as the visibility was a little poor from the showers. I bet you could get some awesome captures on a clear day.

Family-friendly walk. Views across the Jurassic Coast.

“I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.”
― William Shakespeare

Joben enjoying the views at Salcombe Hill.

View of the sea from the cliffs surrounding the Jurassic Coast.

There are plenty of benches along the way for a pitstop. I imagine it would be a nice place for a picnic too.

National trust walks. Wild flowers on top of the cliffs of the Jurassic Coast.

National trust walks. The view from the Salcombe hill circular walk.

If you are staying it this neck of the woods and you enjoy walking then I definitely recommend you try it out.

Do you know of any nice walks? I would love to hear about them.

Pin me!

1. Sophie June 26, 2018 / 1:50 pm

We spent a week down south a few years back. Near a place called Seaton! It was stunning! The coastal paths are amazing down there! And you’re never too far away from a decent splash from the huge waves alongside the jurassic coast. Your photos are fabulous! I myself love an overcast, damp day, because I love all the different smells that appear with the rain, especially the smell of rain on hot tarmac! Weird I know!
    Sophie recently posted…How Prenatal Depression is very realMy Profile

2. Talya June 26, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Oh wow this really is Britain at its very best! Gorgeous views and scenery all around and a gorgeous day for it too!

3. Joanne June 26, 2018 / 9:03 pm

Looks lovely! If you ever visit Northern Ireland you should go to the North Coast, so many beautiful walks and breathtaking scenery there.

4. Wendy June 27, 2018 / 8:37 am

Wow, these views are beautiful. Like you said, it’s a shame it wasn’t a clearer day but I definitely think you still managed to capture some gorgeous photos. If I’m ever in Devon I will try do this walk because it really does look beautiful xx

5. Kirsty June 27, 2018 / 9:55 am

Those views are breathtaking! And I love the carpet of yellow wildflowers, they add such a subtle tone and texture.

6. Lauren - Dilan and Me June 27, 2018 / 10:33 am

This looks gorgeous, those views! I’ve never been to Devon! Glad you were able to get outside while the rain stopped for a bit!

7. Melanie williams June 27, 2018 / 12:23 pm

This is my kind of day out. Devon is a beautiful part of the world. Just got some new walking boots, so cant wait to get walking.

8. Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries June 27, 2018 / 7:17 pm

We have spent many holidays throughout my childhood at a holiday park nearby and done this walk a few times. The views really are stunning x

9. Cath - BattleMum June 27, 2018 / 10:44 pm

That view in the last picture is incredible. We never got the chance to explore Devon before we left the UK but I’d love to go back for a holiday to that part!

10. Rachel June 29, 2018 / 8:41 pm

What beautiful views – love the pics. Looks like such a good walk, I will be adding it t my list of places to visit in Devon!