What I Am Listening To Lately

What I Am Listening To Lately

I love listening to my music. Whether it’s on the Alexa whilst I clean, on my iPod whilst doing the gardening or on the stereo while I drive, I love playing my favourite tunes throughout the day. I think music is the best pick me up ever. There’s just something that gets me feeling motivated when I’m listening to a feel-good song and the lyrics can be so powerful. I think there is a song out there for everyone to relate to, may it bring back happy memories or sad ones, we can all resonate to that one track.

My iPod has so many different artists on as I like so many different genres and depending on my mood as to what I play. So every chance I get, I pop on my Sennheiser headphones and get lost for a while! Here is what I have been listening to lately.

Justin Timberlake – Man of the woods

I don’t think there’s ever been an album of Justin’s that I haven’t bought. I love his music. It’s uplifting and so easy to listen to. I am loving the tracks on this album especially ‘Say Something’.

Metallica – Load

Love love love Metallica. Again I have most of their albums. Nothing motivates you more than a bit of Metallica belting out. If I pop this on whilst cleaning the house, it soon gets done! One of my favourite albums of theirs is the black album, but I have really been into Load just lately.

Sia – 1000 Forms Of Fear

We all like Sia in our house, especially my eldest. You can often hear him playing her songs on his iPad.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers – Stadium Arcadium

They are mad as a box of frogs and I love them!  This album is by far my favourite of theirs.

Pink – Beautiful Trauma

One of my favourite artists here! I have seen Alecia live on her Truth About Love tour and she was absolutely awesome. I love every song she has ever made. She’s sassy, classy and a bit bad assy, a little like me haha!

Walk the moon – What if nothing

I first heard of these guys when they were supporting Pink on her tour. They were playing a few tracks before Pink came on. Ever since then, my hubby and I have loved their music. I’m quite liking the track ‘one foot’ at the moment and my eldest and I, have been known to throw a few shapes in the kitchen to ‘shut up and dance’. It’s a fun album!

So that’s what I have been listening to. What albums are you into lately?

*This is a collaborative post*

1. Nikki Ranson March 13, 2018 / 4:27 pm

At the moment, I can’t stop listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack

2. Emma Walton March 16, 2018 / 9:57 am

I find that I’m much more productive when I’m listening to music. Even though I probably take longer to do chores because I’m changing my choice all the time, I find the jobs more enjoyable to do if I have some good music to listen to whilst I work.

3. Jo March 16, 2018 / 11:16 pm

We have quite similar tastes. I am wondering if you like Arcade Fire?

4. Jayne
    Author
    March 18, 2018 / 12:58 pm

Did you not? Oh, I love Metallica! Bit of a dark horse me hehe! x

5. Christine Lockley March 18, 2018 / 1:26 pm

This i something I really need to get back into – listening to music, am going to make a conscious effort to listen every day now – thanks for inspiration and am a tad jealous you’ve seen Pink. I love “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk The Moon so will be investigating their album too thanks to you

6. Anthony Harrington March 18, 2018 / 3:34 pm

I need to check Sia out., keep seeing her all over the place, but not actually listened to her properly,

7. Malin March 18, 2018 / 11:41 pm

Totally agree that music is a powerful pick-me-up! I have a pile of playlists on Spotify that I listen to quite a lot. My taste I pretty varied… On my ‘top 100’ playlist you’ll find artists like Bowie, Patti Smith, Björk and Marvin Gaye, and bands like Led Zeppelin, Pulp, the Cure, Blur, Beatles, Caravan, R.E.M., Buzzcocks, Hole and Nirvana. And of course the Jam, who’s music Penguin was born to 🔊🎶

8. mummy here and there March 19, 2018 / 9:59 am

I love the fact you have a mixed bag of tastes – I do love a bit of red hot chili peppers X #mmbc

9. Chloe March 19, 2018 / 6:12 pm

Hi, I love just picking the playlists on Napster when at home as I get a great mix and max. Great selection of music #MMBC

10. Judith Allen March 23, 2018 / 10:41 pm

I tend not to listen to whole albums now, I would fall asleep. Not that I would get bored, I fall asleep at anything, pesky MS. I was really enjoying listening to some late 80s stuff on Absolute radio the other day, isn’t time a strange thing?

11. Ray Dodds March 24, 2018 / 12:53 pm

Deep Purple for me

12. Jo March 24, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I love Sia. Her voice is amazing.

13. Katie Harmer March 25, 2018 / 11:50 pm

I love music too, I have everything from classical to Metallica on my iPod. I find music really gives me an energy boost if I am feeling tired but need to do some chores. Put on a stomping number and off I go, pleasantly distracted from the boring tasks I have to complete.