Mother’s Day Handmade Gift For Her – Sweet Filled Gift Box

Mother’s Day Handmade Gift For Her – Sweet Filled Gift Box

Gifts don’t have to cost a fortune to be appreciated, a simple handmade keepsake like this rag wreath can mean so much more to the recipient. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I thought I would make this nice gift box filled with sweets. This handmade gift for her is the perfect craft to get the kids involved with (they will love making the sweets) and then perhaps they could give it to Nan?

What You Will Need

Paper Mache Heart Box

Decoupage Paper

Mod Podge

Treat Bags

Candy Melts

Mold

Ribbon

First, I decoupaged the paper mache box with some pink crackle decoupage paper.  I used Mod Podge to do this and it gives the paper a nice sheen when dry.

I then moved on to melting the candy melts. I used red melts with a vanilla flavouring. They are really simple to work with. You just pop them in a microwavable bowl and heat on low power until they start to melt and stir until they are a smooth consistency. I then popped the melted mixture into my heart shaped molds and put in the fridge until set.

Whilst they set, I lined the inside of my gift box with red tissue paper. Once the candy was set,  I popped them out of the molds and into a cellophane treat bag, and securing with a piece of ribbon.

Finally, I decorated with a beautiful bright pink bow.

Handmade gift for her. A pink crackle decoupaged heart box.

Like this? Then why not pin for later?

This beautiful heart shaped gift box craft is perfect for a Valentine's Day gift or a Mother's Day gift.

*I was sent these products for the purpose of this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

1. Cheryl | Time To Craft February 5, 2018 / 9:15 am

The pink crackle paper makes all the difference. Makes it look even better than shop bought. Lovely idea and I’m sure it makes a well received gift. #MMBC
    Cheryl | Time To Craft recently posted…The purple jumper gangMy Profile

2. Debbie Denyer February 5, 2018 / 12:51 pm

Decoupage is so effective isn’t it? My eldest daughter made some decoupage letters for her little sister. She must have only been 4 years old at the time. They look amazing and have lasted really well. Your candy melts look yummy too! #MMBC

3. Christy February 6, 2018 / 1:20 pm

This is really nice and seems simple to make. I love a hand crafted gift far more than a shop bought one, especially for dates like Valentine’s Day when it’s all about showing you care. #MMBC
    Christy recently posted…Musings – My sense of self as a MotherMy Profile

4. Verily Victoria Vocalises February 8, 2018 / 10:45 am

This looks so beautiful, I love the decoration on the box. So professional, they could be sold in shops. Thank you for hosting #MMBC

5. renae February 10, 2018 / 1:06 pm

Love this as something to make with the kids for their dad. Looks so good.

6. sharon stanley March 23, 2018 / 10:21 am

I will definitley be giving this a go. I love trying new crafts and have to say this looks totally professional with the added bonus of being personalised.

7. Tracy Nixon October 5, 2018 / 1:22 pm

What a lovely idea for a Christmas pressie too!