Taking The Stress Out Of Christmas Shopping

Taking The Stress Out Of Christmas Shopping

It is that time of year again where Christmas is waiting just around the corner. Stress levels rise as we attempt to start buying gifts for our loved ones. Questions swim around our heads as we try to choose something fitting. Will they like it? What if it is too small? What gift wrap shall I use? So many decisions! It just leaves me wanting to kick back and crack open a bottle of Bailey’s instead!

Fear not fellow stress heads, here are a few handy tips to get you through the festive season.

The Perfect Gift

It is not always possible to get every gift choice right. Perhaps that jumper for uncle bill is a tad too small or the bag you bought for mum has to be returned as she has received the exact same bag from somebody else. John Lewis has a solution to all of the above. They can provide you with gift receipts, an extended returns policy and even gift wrap it for you.

Allow Enough Time

Being more prepared will avoid rushing at the last minute. Make a note of the latest delivery slots from Royal Mail to ensure your gifts will get there on time. John Lewis can give you designated delivery slots too, so you will know exactly when your gift will arrive on the recipient’s doorstep.

Keep Useful Contact Numbers Close To Hand

Need to know when your favourite store closes? Or maybe need to check stock?

Contact Numbers UK has a vast amount of useful contact numbers. Get instant access to all of your favourite stores such as the contact number for John Lewis.

Don’t Over Spend

It is so easy to get caught up in the Hype at Christmas that spending can spiral out of control. Try not to overload credit cards or take out more finance than you can manage to repay. It will only end up with a new year of misery when you are drowning in debt. Go online and compare prices to get the very best deal and use cashback sites with every purchase.

So don’t be stressed this Christmas. Be prepared, spend wisely and stock up with your favourite tipples. Jobs a good one! #OneLessWorry

*In collaboration with Contact Numbers UK*

Keeping Children Healthy and Well Over Winter
Tips to Assist in Maintaining Your Weight

1. Kim Carberry November 7, 2017 / 10:45 am

I am not stressed at all about the Christmas shopping yet! I have a few things bought already and I’m waiting for the Black Friday sales to get the rest. I know a couple of weeks before Christmas I will start stressing, worrying if the girls have enough. lol #MMCB
    Kim Carberry recently posted…10 Foodie things I have been buying & loving.My Profile

2. The Autism Dada (Sean) November 7, 2017 / 1:04 pm

We started our Christmas shopping a few months ago. Well, we kind of have too as our kids birthdays are October and November so there are lots of presents to buy over the 3 months.

It’s also amazingly difficult to buy for our son as most SEN toys are difficult to get or expensive, and being non verbal he can’t tell us what he wants.

Preparation is the key and starting early gets you prepared 😁

3. Out Of Depth Dad November 7, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Christmas shopping can be so stressful! Great tips – that’ll definitely try out. Thanks for sharing.

4. Emma November 7, 2017 / 8:53 pm

We keep everything as cheap as possible and I always buy the children’s presents in the summer. I can’t believe how much money went on unwanted presents! We need to get new Christmas decorations this year, so I think we will be going over the £29.

5. Leona November 7, 2017 / 9:23 pm

I’ve started doing all mine online as I hate the Christmas shop

6. MrsS November 7, 2017 / 9:24 pm

I love Christmas shopping its so magical. It is also our eldest girls birthday in November…you are so right it is so important not to overspend. Thanks for sharing

7. Jess Howliston November 7, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Great tips! I think the allowing enough time and over spending go hand in hand for me! Last year I left so many gifts until the last minute and ended up over spending on things I didn’t really want! This year I’m determined to be more organised.
    Jess Howliston recently posted…Alternative Christmas Advent Calendars.My Profile

8. Laura - Dear Bear and Beany November 7, 2017 / 9:57 pm

I am pretty much finished this year and I am so relieved. No panic buying this year. I just need to wrap it all now!

9. Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook November 8, 2017 / 3:18 pm

I love Christmas shopping and everything about it, maybe not the crowds! Booked delivery slots – now you;re talking!

10. Debbie Roberts November 11, 2017 / 5:02 am

Hi Jayne, I hate stressing about Christmas and do like to be pretty much sorted pressie wise by the end of November. Luckily there isn’t the buying frenzy here, so it’s easy not to get drawn into that. Living here too has helped keep my list down too as we can’t afford to post presents to everyone at Christmas, just to my sister and her family. It is shocking the amount of money that gets wasted at Christmas, that statistic alone should help people think before buying, but it’s not always that easy.

xx
    Debbie Roberts recently posted…Our Walk From Porto Roxa To Kampi And BackMy Profile