Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

Father’s Day Superhero Box Frame Craft

I think handmade gifts are a perfect option for any occasion. They make a lovely sentimental keepsake for somebody special. Shortly we will be celebrating Father’s Day and each year the boys and I, make up a cool hamper filled with lots of goodies for their Daddy. We normally pop a nice little handmade gift inside too and this year we have decided to do a box frame.

What You Will Need

Box Frame

Letter Tile Stickers

Double sided tape or glue

Marvel Print Paper

It really is quite self explanatory how to create this frame. You simply cut your paper to suit the inside diameter of your frame. Adhere your patterned background to the frames back board, you could use either double sided tape or a glue stick.

Then pop your required letters on (ours are stickers so no gluing required) and put the frame back together.

Father's Day Superhero Box Frame Craft

This craft can be achieved in as little as 15 minutes but will be cherished for a lifetime. There are so many different ways that you could adapt this design and make it personal to the recipient. Perhaps use a background showcasing their favourite hobby, or you could use a favourite photo and use mini pegs and a piece of string to hang it off, like below.

Photo Credit Hobbycraft blog

The boys and I are absolutely over the moon with our little box frame and the whole thing cost under £6.50.

What do you think of our make?

Do you like handmade gifts?

Pin Me For Later

A Christmas Themed Shadow Box With HobbyCraft

DIY Witches Cauldron Halloween Craft

Craft Stick Magnetic Photo Frame

DIY Halloween Witch Wreath

1. Kim Carberry

June 14, 2017 at 8:37 pm

What a fantastic idea….That is something my fella would love. All of his fathers day pressies are based around super heroes. lol x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…I only went & won a Cinema room for The Freeman Hospital!My Profile

2. Lindy Hamilton

June 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm

What a lovely gift idea! I really like this and it’s something little ones can help with too 🙂

1. Joanna

June 15, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Love this such a great gift idea and simple to do too.

3. Talya

June 15, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Such a lovely idea for a home made gift! You always have such good ideas…perfect for any super hero dad!
    Talya recently posted…6 summer sandals to make your feet happyMy Profile

4. Lauretta at Home and Horizon

June 15, 2017 at 1:31 pm

This is a super design! I’m sure any dad will fall in love with this DIY gift. I’ll have my kids do this too.

5. The Culinary Jumble

June 15, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Oh I love it! What a fabulous idea! I totally agree with the sentimental value of handmade gifts – they are something to treasure forever!

6. Jenni

June 15, 2017 at 9:40 pm

This is such a cute idea. I love it!

7. Suzy Mccullough

June 15, 2017 at 9:43 pm

This looks fab. What a great idea. He’s going to love it

8. Rachel George, Ordinary Hopes

June 15, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Such a brilliant idea! We still haven’t sorted anything for Father’s Day, although my husband will understand that we have been dealing with a poorly child. I wish I had been more organised though!
    Rachel George, Ordinary Hopes recently posted…Caring – There is always “more”.My Profile

9. Lyndsey OHalloran

June 15, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Joh would love this. So easy to make as well.

10. tots2travel

June 17, 2017 at 6:23 pm

That is the cutest. Whenever I attempt ‘craft’ it looks so bad but you’re a natural!
    tots2travel recently posted…A Weekend in Aberdeen Staying at the Aberdeen Altens HotelMy Profile

11. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...

June 17, 2017 at 9:51 pm

I didn’t realise from the finished picture at the start that you made this: thought it was shop bought! Great quality and sure to be appreciated
    Musings of a tired mummy…zzz… recently posted…Sainsbury’s TU clothing haul! Less than £50!My Profile

12. Ana De- Jesus

June 18, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I think superheroes are an amazing idea for any dad and homemade crafts are such a lovely and thoughtful gift x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…An Open Letter To Grenfell Tower: The Cold Hard TruthMy Profile

13. Louisa

June 19, 2017 at 4:43 pm

I love this project! It’s a shame I’ve just missed fathers day but I’ve pinned for future reference and will definitely be buying some of the little tiles from hobbycraft. I can think of so many ways to use them! #mmbc

14. Evelina

June 19, 2017 at 9:26 pm

What a fantastic idea! Homemade crafts are always the best!

15. Stephanie

June 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Great idea, I am off to Pin this!
    Stephanie recently posted…Our weekend in pictures – Week 27My Profile

16. Kara Guppy

June 20, 2017 at 1:04 pm

That is amazing and so inexpensive too – looks very effective
    Kara Guppy recently posted…Which films should every child see before they grow up?My Profile

17. Laura Clark

June 22, 2017 at 10:40 pm

This looks so professional and I honestly thought at first it was shop bought. A really cute, creative idea x
    Laura Clark recently posted…Two Years Of Blogging (& Why I Love It)My Profile

18. Helena

June 23, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I love box frames. My daughters have one each with their baby things in them. #mmbc

19. Fashion and Style Police

July 14, 2017 at 11:12 am

This looks amazing. What a lovely gift idea. Professionally done too.

20. Chloe

June 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm

What a great idea any daddy would no doubt love yo receive this #mmbc
    Chloe recently posted…Review of The Free From Festival LondonMy Profile