Scavenger Hunt In The Woods

We are are pretty much surrounded by fields here and live near to woodlands, so it’s no surprise that we love getting out and going for walks.

Autumn is the perfect time for a scavenger hunt in the woods. We have lots of autumnal crafts planned ahead so this is the perfect time to go and find some supplies so off we went. We took a jute bag along to fill with lots of finds on our scavenger hunt.

collecting-2

jayden-and-mummy-collecting-2

collecting-4

collecting-6

It was nice to have a little Autumn sunshine whilst we were walking, although it did blow my mop about! The wind really did pick up.

collecting-12

I love nothing more than seeing kids running around outside and playing in the fresh air (and it tires them out of course) Winning all round!

collecting-8

Spooky Tree!

collecting-11

I had to get a shot of that tree. Doesn’t it look as if it should be in some scary scene of a horror film. I have a vivid imagine by the way!

collecting-9

We walked right up the hill to discover this lovely view at the top.

collecting-acorns

There were loads of acorns about. A squirrel led us to some fallen chestnuts too. Unfortunately I didn’t get a capture of the squirrel. Even with all my best efforts of being super quiet as I crept into the woods, Jayden doesn’t do ‘tippy toes’ and came stomping on by shouting ‘squirrel‘!

collecting-7

collecting-10

We didn’t do too bad at all on our scavenger hunt. Now it’s time to put our finds to good use and make some awesome autumnal crafts.

Our scavenger hunt finds

Have you been on  a scavenger hunt with your little ones? Do you enjoy walking?

Post Comment Love
Mums That Mean Business Featuring Cherry Blossom Gifts
Monday Morning Blog Club 10/10/16

1. Cathy Glynn October 7, 2016 / 11:04 am

It looks like you brought a treasure of beautiful objects back with you, we can’t wait to go a walk x
    Cathy Glynn recently posted…A Note to my DaughterMy Profile

• Jayne October 7, 2016 / 11:16 am

HI Cathy, We did find lots of things. Sometimes It’s just nice to turn off the tv all the devices and get back to basics outside 🙂 x

2. Dean of Little Steps October 7, 2016 / 1:45 pm

This is a perfect country kid’s post! 😉 … Love the photos, especially the last one. No, we haven’t been on a scavenger hunt in the woods lately and would so love to do that too 🙂
    Dean of Little Steps recently posted…Music and MemoriesMy Profile

3. Kim Carberry October 7, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Oh wow! I am quite jealous….You live in such a gorgeous part of the country!
    It looks like you had a fab walk.
    I’m not much of a walker….hehehe x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A week of Discoveries. #WotWMy Profile

4. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl October 8, 2016 / 6:40 am

Sounds like your little one had a great time. This is such a brilliant idea to keep any children entertained. The view is beautiful at the top of that Hill! My little one is the same, can’t do quiet and just chases the squirrels thinking he can befriend one and keep it as a pet haha.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl recently posted…#MeetTheBeauties ││ Ana FadedSpringMy Profile

5. Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy October 8, 2016 / 7:22 am

Just the photo of your finds looks fab without even making any crafts out of them! It’s so good to just get out into the fresh air isn’t it? That’s why I love having a dog, nice long dog walks 🙂
    Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted…SAYING NO TO THE MUM GUILT, I’M OVER ITMy Profile

6. Fi Ni Neachtain October 8, 2016 / 11:11 am

What a beautiful looking place and what a great idea to go an scavenge for autumnal items. Must do something like this with my eldest one of these days 🙂

7. Rachel October 9, 2016 / 9:25 am

I would love to have so much greenery and open space around where I live. Right now I settle for cobblers falling off trees x

8. Evelina October 10, 2016 / 10:37 am

This reminded my childhood so much. I loved bringing back home the treasures I would found in a forest.
    Evelina recently posted…Ready For FallMy Profile

9. Nic Wilson October 10, 2016 / 7:59 pm

What a great haul of Autumn goodies. There’s nothing better in October than going on a scavenger hunt – if you have kids to take along it’s double the fun and a great excuse to hunt for nuts, berries, etc… in the name of childhood exploration. But I think the adults enjoy it just as much – until it all gets emptied over the kitchen table!!