Making a Brighter Future For Our Little Ones

Making a Brighter Future For Our Little Ones

When I sit back and watch my little boys play together, I feel assured that they are going to have each others back for life. They are so very close, it is quite beautiful to see. Either ones face lights up as the other enters the room, they play cars together, they have tickle fights and you can very often hear fits of cheeky giggles coming from the room they are in.

mummy-and-boys-3

Like most parents, I want nothing but the best for my boys and I believe that little things we can do each day can impact on a better future for our kids. My 6 year old already knows the importance of recycling and why we do it. We have a recycling bin in our kitchen where my son will put the appropriate rubbish in the appropriate bin.

Washing At Lower Temperatures

I use laundry cleanser in my washing loads so I can wash even the dirtiest of garments on a 30ºC wash. And with two feisty little boys, I often get muddy grass stained clothes (I wouldn’t have it any other way!) Persil Non Bio takes the hard work out of removing stubborn stains. It cares for our clothes and is gentle enough for my little ones sensitive skin. I also hang out the washing, weather permitting, saving the energy that otherwise my dryer would use.

washing-line

Injecting Fun Into Learning

We can encourage our little ones to learn and achieve with the right resources. I home school my son and every day we make learning fun. We don’t just sit at a desk, we get practical, we use role play, giving my son the zest to want to know more.
Persil has backed a global initiative ‘Learning For Tomorrow’. They are partnering with UNICEF to help give children in less fortunate areas, a sound education. Every child deserves this, it is what helps to mould their future after all.

romans-homeschool

A Clean Home

Admittedly, I am a bit of a cleaning freak. I love that fresh feeling I get when I have cleaned our home with Domestos. I can stay safe in the knowledge that our home remains a sanitised space for my kids to live in.

domestos

Domestic has committed to helping 25 million people gain improved access to a toilet by 2020. Access to clean sanitation can protect people from preventable diseases, reduce mortality rates and improve quality of life.

Reducing Our Carbon Footprint In The Garden

I’m a keen gardener, and to my delight, has rubbed off on my son. He loves getting outside and growing his own flowers and veg. He helps fill up the compost bin and uses the water from our water butt  to water his seeds. He feeds the birds daily. He is already doing his bit to conserve energy and prevent waste. It’s surprising just how being involved with these projects can help them make the world a better place.

monkey-doing-his-seeds

Bags For Life

bag-for-life

We are big fans of reusable bags. I take them with us to every weekly shop. We get to help the environment and can fit more shopping in our robust bags, meaning Monkey can fit some extra chocolate treats in there too!

We are making a brighter future, are you?

This post is an entry for Britmums #brightFuture Challenge, sponsored by Unilever.

1. Tracy October 10, 2016 / 8:57 am

I live in Sweden and recycling is a huge part of the lifestyle here – so we do it second nature now. Such an important message to teach kids! And enjoy the fact that your boys love each other – my two (albeit a little older) fight like cat and dog!

2. Sarah (Mum x3x) October 10, 2016 / 9:54 am

I agree with you on all of these! A clean home is an absolute must for me! I’ve also started washing at lower temperatures and do you know what I’ve found? Clothes and laundry is lasting longer! We out the fun into learning too, I think that’s an important one, too! Great post, I really enjoyed reading this.
    (You have a lovely blog!) xx

3. Kim Carberry October 10, 2016 / 10:19 am

Your boys are adorable!
    It sounds like you are doing your bit to make it a brighter future!
    I would love a proper garden….We just have a paved back yard. We do like to feed the birds though x
    #MMBC
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Our Weekly Meal Plan!! – #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

4. Lisa October 10, 2016 / 10:20 am

Oh your boys are so cute, or should that be handsome! It’s great that they are so close.

I have two girls who are close, but also have some cracking arguments. My youngest is forever getting food stains on her white school shirts (I’ve yet to work out how, as she has a packed lunch), she could probably give your two boys a run for their money 😉 Think I’d best follow your lead and stock up on the Persil x #mmbc

5. five little doves October 10, 2016 / 10:33 am

It’s so important that we do our best so that our childrens future is bright. Using re-usable carrier bags is a big one for us, we love the cotton bags and they are so much stronger than the crappy supermarket ones too!! We wash all of our clothes on a 30 degree wash too, although some of the tougher stains we do struggle with! #MMBC
    five little doves recently posted…Pregnancy & Baby loss awareness month. #captureyourgriefMy Profile

6. Ayesha Farhad October 10, 2016 / 10:50 am

these are great tips! Even though i am not mad about gardening but I do my bit every few days and its rubbing off on my son too! He loves to get his spade and rake the mud for me to plant in seeds!
    Ayesha Farhad recently posted…5 Ideas For Home Therapy.My Profile

7. Debbie October 10, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Hi Jayne, we try our best to recycle. Recycling is quite a new thing over here and there is a limit of the different things they recycle, but the main thing is that water bottles are now recycled. We can’t drink the water that comes out of the taps, so bottled water is a big thing, and I dread to think how many plastic bottles are discarded on the island, let alone in the whole of Greece.

I’m a big fan of reusable bags too and have them poked everywhere… But someone’s nabbed my favourite from the car!

Making proper and sanitary toilets more accessible to people is a great promise from Unilever.

#MMBC
    Debbie recently posted…Monday Morning Blog Club 10/10/16My Profile

8. Anna-Maria October 10, 2016 / 9:03 pm

That’s an amazing post. It’s so goo to see a parent teaching such important values. The future belongs to our children and we need to teach them how to have a good one.

9. Newcastle Family Life October 10, 2016 / 9:05 pm

It sounds like you are doing your bit well for a brighter future. I do try and wash on lower cycles and we dry the washing on the line ( when it’s not raining). I could probably do more though as I have never grown anything and I am terrible for always paying for plastic bags then throwing them straight in the bin when I get home xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Furby Connect ReviewMy Profile

10. Chloe Ciliberto October 11, 2016 / 6:17 am

Such a fab post. Everything we do impacts our children. We wash at low temperatures and recycle things and even make fun crafts out of recycled goods. It’s so important to bring them up too, knowing they need to be aware of the impact of the way we live. x
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…5 PLACES YOU MUST VISIT IN YORKSHIREMy Profile

11. Charlotte October 11, 2016 / 11:46 am

some fantastic tips, I am definitely with you on the interactive learning, we like to do role play activities and try to encourage sustainability to
    Charlotte recently posted…5 Fun Ideas for Pumpkins this FallMy Profile

12. Rachel October 11, 2016 / 4:47 pm

Such a great post and I love to see kids getting down and dirty with a bit of mud and some seeds x

13. Clairejustine October 11, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Such a lovely post Jayne. I love the fact all my 4 children are close. They younger 2 miss their brothers so my when they go back to Uin after the holidays. It is lovely to see your son likes gardening, I bet he can not wait to eat something tat he grew himself 🙂
    Clairejustine recently posted…Time For Another Creative Mondays Blog Hop..My Profile

14. Natalia Molinero October 12, 2016 / 7:18 am

These are really nice initiatives that your kids will love, specially when they grow up and you tell them what you did for them 🙂
    Natalia Molinero recently posted…Personalized flowersMy Profile

15. Morgan Prince October 13, 2016 / 1:32 pm

This is great! We’ve made changes too, like you we use bags for life for our shopping and I drive a more efficient car now after swapping our gas guzzling BMW 3 series for an Audi A1. Love that your little ones are following in your footsteps. 🙂
    #brightFuture linky
    Morgan Prince recently posted…Creating a brightFuture by making small changes with UnileverMy Profile