Our Autumn Bucket List

Our Autumn Bucket List

As the transition from Summer to Autumn is slowly taking place, and leaves start to bare pretty shades of oranges and reds, I start to look forward to what the autumnal months will bring.  I would say that spring is one of my favourite seasons, just for all of the colourful blooms it brings us. And of course it is a sign of warmer weather to come. But I do love Autumn. The crisp fresh air on an early morning, wrapped up in your warm snuggly clothes. Or sitting in front of the open fire, with a family movie on the tele whilst sipping from a mug of creamy hot chocolate. Just bliss.
Here is what we hope to be ticking off our Autumn bucket list this year.

conkers

Collect conkers

Make a seasonal collage using scavenger finds

Treat myself to a new winter coat

Drink hot chocolate smothered in cream and marshmallows

costa_1

Visit some places with our national trust membership

Celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary in November

Carve pumpkins

Autumn bucket list pumpkins

Do halloween crafts

Make some warming comfort meals in the slow cooker

Get wrapped up warm and watch fireworks

Splash in puddles

Kick leaves

So we just need to get busy making our way down the list now!

Do you have an Autumn bucket list?

1. sarah cope September 19, 2016 / 12:15 pm

I love Autumn too Jayne! Log fires, crisp leaves, beautiful colours…..bliss. lewis also celebrates his birthday on Halloween too so we always have lots of fun!

2. Dean of Little Steps September 19, 2016 / 12:49 pm

We love collecting conkers too and I wish I could treat myself to a winter coat, but don’t really have the budget for now 😉 We love decorating for Halloween and are always up for some crafts too 🙂
    Dean of Little Steps recently posted…A Wicked Uncle ReviewMy Profile

3. Joanna September 19, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Great bucket list I need to get writing mine autumn is my favourite season.

4. Harriet September 19, 2016 / 4:33 pm

I love Autumn. Looking forward to wooly jumpers, log fires, crumpets, rugby matches and cold crisp walks. Perfection!

5. Cathy Glynn September 19, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Sounds like a fun Autumn. We love walking in the leaves when they turn crunchy, coming home and snuggling under a throw with a good movie x

6. Kim Carberry September 19, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Ohh! I have never thought of doing an Autumn bucket list. What a great idea.
    I always feel sad that summer is over but I do love Autumn.
    I think I will be treating myself to a new winter coat too 😀 x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Our Weekly Meal Plan!! – #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

7. Debbie September 20, 2016 / 11:46 am

Hi Jayne, I’don’t have an Autumn bucket list, but I do like the sound of yours. Especially splashing in puddles, which is still something I enjoy doing, if I have my wellies on. Sitting in front of the log burner is also something I’m looking forward to (sort of). I love the wood burner, but I really hate the cold or even a slight chill. Accept on my nose in winter, maybe.

I love chocolate, but hate hot chocolate. It’s something I really wish I enjoyed as it always looks so nice. I’ve tried all sorts, from making it out of real chocolate, to the cheap and cheerful and more expensive posh ones (that my sister sends me for Christmas!).

#MMBC
    Debbie recently posted…Cancer Diagnosis, Overwhelming Support And KindnessMy Profile

8. Laura H September 20, 2016 / 1:16 pm

Collecting conkers is an autumn tradition of mine too. Hope you some nice brown, shiny ones!

9. Rachel September 20, 2016 / 1:29 pm

I cannot wait to cook my first stew in the slow cooker, though I could do with a new one x
    Rachel recently posted…Antipodes SkincareMy Profile

10. Kara September 20, 2016 / 6:54 pm

My wish would be a log fire but sadly we don’t have one – I shall settle for collecting conkers and scrunching through leaves

11. Alina September 20, 2016 / 8:41 pm

Carving pumpkins is always on the list for Halloween. Never really thought of collecting concors though as used to have so many around school so it seemed annoying if anything as kids usually would throw them haha.
    Alina recently posted…Win a Girly HamperMy Profile

12. Ross Mountney September 24, 2016 / 10:29 am

A great one I always loved to do with the kids was leaf printing! Paint the veiny sides of the leaves and press down onto paper for patterns and collage! 🙂

13. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl September 26, 2016 / 12:08 pm

Great autumn bucket list! I love collecting conkers, always used on put them on string but I was so bad at it haha. Halloween crafts sounds like a lot of fun! #MMBC

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl recently posted…Chaophraya New Menu LaunchMy Profile

14. Jessica Foley October 3, 2016 / 1:13 pm

That’s a great list! We have a horse chestnut tree in our front yard – it’s still a baby but last year we got a ton of conkers from it. This summer was too hot and dry and all the leaves fell in July, so no nuts this year. Our Thanksgiving is coming up this weekend so we will likely have a bonfire and a “farewell to outdoor parties” party at our friends. Time to dress warm and enjoy the fall colours.
    #MMBC
    Jessica Foley recently posted…Veeda Review or How Menstrual Cycles SuckMy Profile