My Cambridge Diet Journey 5 weeks In

Since having my little ones my weight has fluctuated and not always for the best! I’ve tried various diets, only to fall off the wagon and slip back into old habits. Until I heard a few friends recommending the Cambridge weight plan.

What is the Cambridge Diet Weight Plan?

The Cambridge weight plan is made up of 6 flexible steps. All of the steps are nutritionally balanced and start from 600kcal up to 1500+kcal per day. It is known as a very low calorie diet.
I’m on step two, which allows 3 Cambridge products a day and a meal of 200kcals. I normally have something like extra lean mince with chopped tomatoes and mushrooms or perhaps a little piece of chicken breast with some side salad. And it really is a little dinner! It is all measured out to the gram.

After around day 3 of the first week, the body is sent into a state of Ketosis. This is where your body starts to burn its own fat. The first couple of days I found to be quite a challenge, but once you overcome those, your hunger seems to slowly wear off.

tape

You are recommended to drink at least 2.25 litres of water per day. And it is imperative that you do! This not only helps fill you slightly but also curbs headaches and helps toileting too! You can get a little ‘bound’ if you don’t drink enough water (I think that’s all we need to say on that one). I use my fitbit app to log how much water I drink a day. You could also create some kind of chart to keep you on track if that works better for you.

One to one support

What I really love about this diet is the one to one support from my lovely consultant Julia. I found Julia through the Cambridge find a consultant page on their website. You just pop your postcode into the search bar and a list of local consultants will be seen.
The first consultation will normally take around 45 minutes. The consultant will go through the health questionnaire with you to make sure that no health issues will conflict with the diet and that it is safe for you to proceed. They will then take all of your stats, measurements and BMI to determine which step is suitable for you to start on. You will discuss your targets and aims, they are on hand whenever you need them. I often have lovely little motivational texts throughout the week from Julia. It really does help give you that little push to stay focused.

What are the products like?

They are ok as far as meal replacements go. You get all of the nutrients that your body needs whilst on this plan. There are smoothies, a variety of shakes, which I really like. Porridge, I didn’t like the plain one at all, but the maple and pecan has really grown on me. The tikka rice which is surprisingly good with added chicken. Macaroni cheese and various soups. They have snack bars too, but unfortunately  I don’t like these at all. They maybe the one for you, if you have a really sweet tooth.

How much does it cost?

My typical spend per week is around £48.00 – £50.00. It may sound a little expensive, but the results are excellent.

How much can you lose?

Cambridge Diet weight plan

I obviously can’t speak for everybody as we are all different, however Cambridge do say to expect at least 1 stone loss per month. It’s not all about the weight either,  it’s about the inches you drop around your waist, thighs, arms etc. I’ve dropped one dress size so far and here is how my weekly weigh in has gone up to now.

Week 1 – 12lbs

Week 2  – 6 lbs

Week 3 – 4lbs

Week 4 – 2lbs

Week 5 – 5lbs

stars

As you can see, I’ve now hit the 2 stone mark. It is by far the best diet I have tried. The lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy is also on this plan and I think she has nailed well over 4 stone loss I think. Don’t get me wrong, it is no easy road by far. You need to be in the right mindset at the start. I have had some days where I have felt a little overwhelmed by it all, but with the help of Julia, I can get on with it. At the end of the day, you will be rewarded for your effort and determination, the crappy days don’t last! I hope this has helped fill in any gaps and answered any questions you may have on the Cambridge weight plan. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

*I have not been compensated in any way to write this post, I purely wanted to share my experiences on this diet*
Post Comment Love

• Jayne
      Author
      September 30, 2016 / 12:25 pm

It’s brilliant! A little hard to start with as you cut almost everything out! But you get used to it 🙂

1. Charlotte September 30, 2016 / 12:21 pm

Woah this sounds intense! Like extremely cutting out foods and calories. I am not sure I could hack this but well done on your weight loss so far! I am sure you are feeling tremendous with it!
    Charlotte recently posted…{Seriously Good} Seafood LinguineMy Profile

• Jayne
      Author
      September 30, 2016 / 12:27 pm

Haha, I did think that right at the start! But you do get used to the low calorie set up.
      It’s the quickest I’ve lost weight on any diet I have ever been on.

Thanks for popping by 🙂

2. beth sachs September 30, 2016 / 7:47 pm

I do the 5:2 diet which took a bit of getting used to but I soon got into the swing of it. I’m glad this diet is going well for you

3. Natalia October 1, 2016 / 7:35 am

I’ve never heard about the Cambridge weight plan, but it seems to be working really well on you! well done! x

4. Jenni - Odd Socks and Lollipops October 1, 2016 / 12:57 pm

This sounds like it certainly gets results! I have never been on a diet like this, but I think I do need to start looking at what I am eating and the exercise I am doing

5. five little doves October 1, 2016 / 3:07 pm

WOW that’s some impressive weight loss! I think these kind of things are great short term but long term it’s a very expensive diet and also very restrictive. I’ve been fortunate to never diet although I really do need to address my unhealthy junk food addiction as it isn’t all about weight, it’s your insides too!
    five little doves recently posted…Introducing “After School Club”…My Profile

6. The Culinary Jumble October 1, 2016 / 4:20 pm

Wow! Well done you on the weight loss! Totally agree that you have to have the right mind-set – I call it “in the zone”!

7. clairejustine October 1, 2016 / 4:39 pm

Wow this sounds great, you are doing great and getting great results!!Well done.. I need to lose some weight now as I have joined a running club and I want to get some faster times again 🙂
    clairejustine recently posted…Schools Cross Country…My Profile

8. Alina October 2, 2016 / 11:51 am

I have a friend who is getting married soon and would be very keen to hear about this diet, especially as it shows results so quickly. Never actually heard of the Cambridge diet so thanks for sharing.
    Alina recently posted…Apple and Cinnamon Mug Crumble RecipeMy Profile

9. Sam October 3, 2016 / 10:33 am

This sounds really interesting. Been trying to lose weight for a while with no success so I think I will have to give this a try ☺

10. tracey at Mummyshire October 4, 2016 / 10:15 pm

Well done on your weightloss, you should be proud of what you’ve achieved
    It does sound a little intense and I think I’d struggle making meals for me and then meals for the kids. You’ve done amazingly well to stick to it! Go you!
    xx
    #MMBC

11. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl October 6, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Well done! You’re doing great. I really like the sound of this. I’m also trying to loose weight and I’m trying everything. I’ve started Scottish slimmers and in my first two weeks I’ve lost 2 1/2 lbs. Keep up the good work! It’s great this is working for you. #MMBC

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl recently posted…Review │ Broadway ImPRESS ManicureMy Profile

12. Kates October 16, 2016 / 1:17 pm

This diet requires a lot of discipline. I’m currently on a diet but I’m eating more food the thing is that I’m burning them so hard. I’m currently having insanity work out and I would tell that it’s really insane. Besides an average calorie intake I need to drink a lot of water and the best part of this is it is free, I just got a copy from my generous friend and the results are excellent but it requires a lot of hard work, maybe in the near future I’ll try Cambridge diet, after this one.

13. Joyce sinclair November 4, 2016 / 3:17 pm

I have been on this diet for 4 days I have been good as I can eat bread all day long but I have forgotten to bring my sachet to work and I bought 2 small chicken fillets I feel really bad help