How To Raise Cash When You Need It Fast

At one time or another most of us will have had money problems, that’s life. Whether you be a student living on the breadline, or work circumstances have changed leaving you strapped for cash, it can be hard to keep afloat when your bank is well and truly drained. Here are some ways how to make money fast when you need it the most.

How To Raise Cash With Little Effort

Cash In Your Gold

This is a perfect solution to be rid of those odd earrings or old jewellery that is sitting hidden away in jewellery boxes never to be worn. You can go into your local cash for gold store and get an instant quote for your scrap gold.

Fill Up The Car With Unused Bric-A-Brac

Have a good sort out around the house and even the shed of things that you no longer need. Pack it up in the car and find your nearest car boot. It ‘s normally only a couple of pounds to hire a table, you will probably pull that back in the first hour.

Instant Cash

If you are in absolute need of some cash and you need it almost immediately then perhaps small loans could be an option? I’m not into borrowing huge amounts as I see them quite a risk to take should your circumstances change. Short term loans are far more favourable and have realistic repayable amounts.

Help Somebody Out

Have a skill? Then why not help somebody that needs a job doing for quick cash? Sign up to Bidvine and get access to customers wanting all sorts of things doing, from gardening, assembling flat packed furniture, the list is endless. The chances are that they are trying to find somebody who can do the job in hand ASAP.

Sort Through Your Wardrobe

Have loads of clothes that will never see daylight again? Then why not cash them in at places like Cash4Clothes?  I have a charity clothes bank near my home, so I use that. However Cash4Clothes offer 45p per KG and if you go to store or they can collect and offer 35p per KG. All clothing gets sent to less fortunate countries where it will all be reused. There are many more companies with the same concept, should this one not operate near where you live.

I hope these options will be of some use should you ever need money at short notice.

Have you used any of the above?

*This is a collaborative post*

1. KevinJuly 10, 2017 / 9:38 am

When I really need to get some cash together, I use sites like Fiverr or Upwork to do some writing, teaching or coding. If you think about the skills that you have that others would benefit from then these sites can put you in touch with a large group of people looking for those very skills. It won’t be as instantaneous as a car boot but it may help plant the seeds for other money making opportunities in the future.

2. LetaJuly 10, 2017 / 10:04 am

Some great ideas. eBay is our go to at the moment, it seems to be very busy again!

3. Kim CarberryJuly 10, 2017 / 10:16 am

I used to sell our clothes to one of those cash for clothes places but they suddenly became so picky and only wanted the best things. They refused old clothes and decided they no longer took shoes so I thought stuff them.
    Local Facebook selling groups are also great too x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Our Weekly Meal Plan!! – #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

4. Dean of Little StepsJuly 10, 2017 / 11:04 am

I love the Cash for clothes idea, especially since I have loads of clothes I haven’t worn in ages. And I’m embarrassed to admit this, some I haven’t even used 🙁 Same with T, too. Will definitely keep this one in mind 🙂

5. JennyJuly 10, 2017 / 11:12 am

I’m forever on eBay, the last couple of times I did a car boot it didn’t work out too well, I prefer online selling including Facebook selling that works out well sometimes!

6. Sabrina @ The Mummy StylistJuly 10, 2017 / 12:28 pm

I am always trying to raise extra cash, mostly selling on eBay, but you’ve given some alternative suggestions that I hadn’t thought of. Thanks for the tips! x

7. Deborah NicholasJuly 10, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Great ideas, i am obsessed with listing on facebook market place right now!

8. Rhian WestburyJuly 10, 2017 / 4:10 pm

I’ve done car boot sales before, and sold my gold before so they’re both great ideas x

9. Cath - BattleMumJuly 10, 2017 / 4:31 pm

I used Cash4Clothes to get rid of alot of our unwanted clothes when we were moving and down sizing. I then gave the money to our sons nursery towards new equipment.
    Cath – BattleMum recently posted…10 Things That Make Me HappyMy Profile

10. JenniJuly 10, 2017 / 10:15 pm

We just made some extra cash after a major decluttering – so many things we didn’t need and sold off! One person’s junk is another person’s treasure.
    Jenni recently posted…Kids Activity Travel KitMy Profile