25 Ways To Make Some Extra Money

I think we have all at one point had to tighten our belts and watch our pennies, unless you are Alan Sugar that is! And especially when you have a family, every penny makes a difference. I have made a little list (I love a good list) of easy ways to hopefully help you make a bit of extra cash and some can be done from the comfort of your sofa!

25 Ways To Make Some Extra Money

1 Completing Online Surveys – Some of my favourites are Prolific Academy, where you can earn anything from 30p – £10. Crowdology, can earn you 40p – £10.

2 Selling handmade crafts – If you have a skill such as crocheting, knitting, painting then perhaps you could sell your work. Check out these business ideas on our weekly Mums That Mean Business feature.

3 Use cashback sites such as Topcashback or Quidco

4 Sell unused items on Ebay or Facebook market place.

5  Join Swagbucks and watch videos, take surveys to collect points which can then be redeemed for gift cards.

6 Start a blog  – This is not by no means a quick way to make money. It takes a lot of time and effort but the rewards are fab.

7 Dog Walking

8  Pet Sitter

9 House sitting

10 Ironing

11  People per hour – Are you good at writing? Or perhaps you are a good illustrator? Then advertise your work here.

12 Sell your services on bidvine. Whether you are a photographer, plumber, electrician, simply register and wait for requests to come in.

13 Mobile phone repairs – If like my husband, you are a bit of a dab hand at replacing iphone screens, then why not charge for your services?

14 Gardening services

15 Mystery shopping

16 Car boots

17 Sell your photos – Are you a keen photographer? Then companies like istockphoto want your photos!

18 Virtual Assistant

19 Write an ebook

20 Birthday planner

21 Baking cakes – Ideal to sell at local farmers markets, or cater for birthdays and other events.

22 Handyman/woman

23 Delivery person

24 Matched betting – I was unsure whether or not to include this, but reading into this and actually having a go, this can be a nice little earner. But PLEASE do your research first before jumping straight into it. There are lots of forums to help you learn more, here is a helpful site The Money Shed.

25 Cash for old gold – Do you have any old gold, or odd earrings stuck at the bottom of your jewellery box? Then why not cash them in?

I hope this has been helpful, happy money making!

Liked this post? Then why not pin for later?

1. RachelApril 21, 2017 / 3:00 pm

Some really useful ideas here – I love Swagbucks and have earnt a fair amount in Amazon vouchers

2. five little dovesApril 21, 2017 / 6:41 pm

Oh lots of good tips here! I’ve never thought about selling photos, that’s such a good idea!! I’m going to investigate some of these, I need all the money I can get due to people not paying up, hahah! xx
    five little doves recently posted…An Italian adventureMy Profile

3. Sophie's NurseryApril 21, 2017 / 8:27 pm

A great list – I do quite a lot of these things already, but have found some new ideas here thanks 🙂 x

4. Kerry norrisApril 21, 2017 / 11:49 pm

I’ve saved this post. We are trying to save for a house conversion so we need to make and save more money
    Kerry norris recently posted…You don’t look like someone with PNDMy Profile

5. Kara GuppyApril 22, 2017 / 11:24 am

I tried swagbucks but couldn’t get on with it. Top cashback and people per hour are good though

6. EvelinaApril 22, 2017 / 5:53 pm

Great ideas! I am a huge fan of Quidco

7. Baby IsabellaApril 23, 2017 / 9:11 am

We like doing carboots and selling items on Facebay etc… it’s a great way to make cash and clear out old belongings!

8. JenApril 23, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Some useful hints, certainly some worth considering. I hear lots of people get involved with online surveys and the cashback schemes; they all seem to work well.

9. JenniApril 23, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Great ideas, I am a huge fan of cashback sites

10. LouiseApril 23, 2017 / 10:53 pm

These are all great ideas. I use most of the sites you mentioned in your post. I did most of my Christmas Shopping with vouchers I earned through Swagbucks!

Louise x
    Louise recently posted…Our Favourite Hasbro Toys and GamesMy Profile

11. Ana De- JesusApril 24, 2017 / 10:12 am

I am always looking for news to make money and gained a few ideas here. I already use Swagbucks but selling my services on bidvine is a good idea x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…An Open Letter To My ReadersMy Profile

12. TracyApril 24, 2017 / 11:54 am

What a fantastic list! I’ve often thought about filling in questionnaires as I love that sort of thing (talking about myself! haha). Never heard of matched betting – will have a look into that!
    Tracy recently posted…Chocolate Granola and Soft Toffee SlabMy Profile

13. Angela MilnesApril 24, 2017 / 3:41 pm

What a good tips and I deas It’s really helpful for me. Glad that you share this with us.

14. JanApril 25, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Some great ideas. I signed up to Prolicic Academy 2 days ago and have already earned £6. I haven’t tried Crowdology yet, I will put that on my to-do list for this week. #MMBC

15. MummygummieApril 26, 2017 / 8:52 am

Quite a list! A few things I’d never knew about before too!

16. Debbie RobertsApril 28, 2017 / 4:29 pm

Hi Jayne, I really must check out Swagbucks as I’ve seen it pop up before. I never thought of doing online surveys before either! Great tips. If only my lot coughed up for doggy day care I would be rolling in it!

Fab tips!